Plini tones?

VidarAus

Experienced
Hi all,

I have a Strandberg incoming and wanted to see where the community was at with Plini tones? I am out of touch with his rig but assume he uses an Axe III as his main rig? I did see he has a signature DSP as well.

Anyone point me to good patches or information to build from?

Thanks

VidarAus

I was at Vai Academy 5.0, which was about sound design and effects, and went to Plini's masterclass there, with none other than our own Matt. Plini detailed his Axe-Fx III settings and I noted everything ;) I won't enter into the details here, but he uses the Friedman BE V1 Fat for his distorted tones and the CA3+ Clean for the clean ones, both with the Legacy cab #129. If you want more details, PM me

67810618_10156074139442245_3171001567549587456_n.jpg

Hi all,

I have a Strandberg incoming and wanted to see where the community was at with Plini tones? I am out of touch with his rig but assume he uses an Axe III as his main rig? I did see he has a signature DSP as well.

Anyone point me to good patches or information to build from?

Thanks

VidarAus
Try this.

Attachments

• p007785_PLINI (1).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 140
I was at Vai Academy 5.0, which was about sound design and effects, and went to Plini's masterclass there, with none other than our own Matt. Plini detailed his Axe-Fx III settings and I noted everything ;) I won't enter into the details here, but he uses the Friedman BE V1 Fat for his distorted tones and the CA3+ Clean for the clean ones, both with the Legacy cab #129. If you want more details, PM me

View attachment 106249
That was a great session!

he uses the Friedman BE V1 Fat for his distorted tones
I've noticed the Friedman model is pretty popular among the new breed of prog/metal guitarists. Saw rig rundowns with Jason Richardson and Aaron Marshall and they both use a Friedman as well.

Sure, n = 3, but definitely has caught my attention.

From 0:00 to 3:50, I'm using my Plini preset (some settings are identical to his, some are customized to suit my playing).

I recorded this video to demo that guitar with its new pickups. Obviously, my playing is not very Plini-like, and the guitar isn't a Strandberg either (but I'm waiting for one !) and has an extra string ;)

Back
Top Bottom