Plexi2 Emulation - Help with Tweaking

Adinfinitum

Experienced
I've been A/Bing my Plexi 1987 Reissue through as 1960A cabinet with the Plexi 2 model on the AXE-FX. The Axe-FX is going through a Atomic FR (which is a VAST IMPROVEMENT) over the QSC 122i.

I've gotten it nearly identical so that when I quickly switch between the two (using a Radial Hotshot pedal to get rid of ground hum), I really can't tell the difference between the two. In fact, the Axe-FX sounds better/smoother than the 1987. Anyway, the only minor 2% difference is that the Atomic seems to have a sort of square wave fuzz tone on the E and A strings which the 1987 doesn't have (it has it a little bit though). How do I tweak that square wave clipping/fuzz out of the amp sim?

Thanks in advance,

Ad Infinitum
Trademark Attorney

Mark,

I've been using Scott's PEQ settings after cab block (thanks Scott). It seems to take out a little fizz and smooth things out on my Plexi 1 patch. May not be what you are hearing but I'd try it for what it's worth.

Adinfinitum said:
Anyway, the only minor 2% difference is that the Atomic seems to have a sort of square wave fuzz tone on the E and A strings which the 1987 doesn't have (it has it a little bit though). How do I tweak that square wave clipping/fuzz out of the amp sim?
Increase the Lo Cut frequency in the advanced parameters and/or increase the Damp parameter.

Back
Top Bottom