• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Plexi Jumpered 50w + Ownhammer Studio Mix G12L+H + Les Paul R8

SeasonOfPain

Inspired
I really liked the groove of this month's backing track on MyLesPaul.com. When v11 came out with the new Plexi Jumpered 50w amp, I was smitten. It's amazing: I've always been a Mesa guy, and the Axe has made me a Marshall lover! With the Plexi, coupled with the new Ownhammer Marshall IRs, I got a great bluesy tone that matched the MLP groove perfectly. This is sloppy and quick-and-dirty, as I was completely winging it, but I was definitely having fun!

The patch is the stock v11 "Jumped Plexi" preset, with a custom OH stereo IR mix: I went with Kevin's "G12 recipe" for the IRs, and it gave just the bite I needed.

Here's a link to the MLP thread:
August Backing Track of the Month - MyLesPaul.com

willowdale

Fractal Fanatic
Sounds great dude! Those jumpered Plexis are awesome! I can hear the fun you were having.....

Are both cabs center panned?

MikeyB59

Power User
The Jumpered Plexi are the frickin' bomb and I've never played a real one. I'm smitten. Nice sound. The Plexi's just make me want to wank (on guitar;-). They're just so sassy. Just finished playing a bunch with a patch combining a Jumpered Plexi 100 with a 65 Bassman...killer combination of whomp and definition.

markmusicman

Experienced
Nice jam man those OH really sound like you were jamming through a cabinet. I wish I had a Les paul I have as copy its called a Memphis but it really has great tone to it. Its a it better than any of the other copies I have played and someone gave it to me. I gave it away to one of my students but they gave it back it was a bit big for her. But man I'm glad I got it back didnt realize how great it sounded. Any ways nice jam.

Top Bottom