Plexi 50 Watt Bug (?)

Hello guys,

I was trying to do Cory Wong inspired sounds, following this video:

Briefly: if i turn the input drive close to 0 (actually 0.9) with this amp i get some weird very distorted fuzzy sounds (you can hear them better if you turn amp level higher and, of course, higher your speaker).

I'll attach an mp3 anyway, I don't know if it's a bug, I thought it would be nice to share it anyway.

PS: Firmware 11.01

Here it is, Scene 2 to be exact.
I don't think it's a pot, though i should try with another guitar

Attachments

• Cory Wong Fender Custom Shop.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
If you want to hear more carefully don't pick the notes, just fret them with hammer ons with your left hand, if you pick them the attack is so loud it won't let you hear the sound.

Also turn up your speakers volume

Fixed for the next release.

However, this is mainly due to poor gain staging. You have the Input Drive set extremely low and then you're trying to make up for it by applying tons of gain after (via that compressor block and turning your speakers way up). To hear it I had to turn my speakers up to the point that if I strummed my guitar even moderately the speaker's power amp would go into protection mode.

Fixed for the next release.

However, this is mainly due to poor gain staging. You have the Input Drive set extremely low and then you're trying to make up for it by applying tons of gain after (via that compressor block and turning your speakers way up). To hear it I had to turn my speakers up to the point that if I strummed my guitar even moderately the speaker's power amp would go into protection mode.

Ahahah, glad to hear you've solved it; can i also point out another very very little bug?
SOMETIMES when I switch through presets while my axe fx 3 is plugged in my computer and Axe edit is open, the edited led won't turn off.
An extrimely little one, but I think it was worth pointing it out

Ahahah, glad to hear you've solved it; can i also point out another very very little bug?
SOMETIMES when I switch through presets while my axe fx 3 is plugged in my computer and Axe edit is open, the edited led won't turn off.
An extrimely little one, but I think it was worth pointing it out
That's not a bug. It means that something has been edited when the preset is loaded, usually an impedance curve because it's an old preset.

Back
Top Bottom