Plexi 100w 1970 Appreciation!

Random Hero

Inspired
Anybody else using this one? I've only really explored it today but it feels a bit more explosive and seems a bit spongier to play than my usual faves which are the 1959SLP and the 100W. Maybe it's the inclusion of the Normal Channel as I normally only use the treble but such a great model.

Favourite Plexi models? Any advice on the others I should zero in on next?

Anybody else using this one? I've only really explored it today but it feels a bit more explosive and seems a bit spongier to play than my usual faves which are the 1959SLP and the 100W. Maybe it's the inclusion of the Normal Channel as I normally only use the treble but such a great model.

Favourite Plexi models? Any advice on the others I should zero in on next?
Someone turned me on to this as well.
I add the Input Boost (and have 'FAS Boost' selected).
It's a perfect Marshall, I love it.

Try the 6CA7 also, it's great with a boost.

The 50W 6CA7 is my favorite. The 100W models seem to have a lot more bottom end that needs to be cut for my taste, but they are cool as well.

Having owned several great Marshall amps in the past I am constantly blown
away by how great they are in the Fractal. Just so damn fun to play. I dig the
Plexis and 800s especially. It means playing live requires no channel/scene
switching. I just ride the volume on the guitar and get everything I need with
the addition of an occasional Super Overdrive as a Boost.

I think Im the only guitar player alive that has never likes Marshall tones. But a few of those are workable for me, which was shocking.

For some reason I can never get a 'good' tone from the Marshall's in the AF3, i do like the Marshall inspired amps like the Friedman and Atomica models.

I think Im the only guitar player alive that has never likes Marshall tones. But a few of those are workable for me, which was shocking.

Many people actually dont like Marshall tones. How many of them are in online communities is a different number though.

My favorite is the 50 watt high 2, but the 1970 is really great. I am only really interested in the NMV Marshall amps because they do that fade to explosion thing. Once I got into that I was hooked. Axe Fx gets the feel pretty close to my 69 spec 1987, without eating EL34s.

For some reason I can never get a 'good' tone from the Marshall's in the AF3, i do like the Marshall inspired amps like the Friedman and Atomica models.
I was the same way for a while but threw on a Orange v30 York cab with a 57mic and now Love this sound.

Yeah, my main preset uses the 1970 Plexi jumped (gain around 5, bass 2, mids 8, treble 7.5), and match it with two IRs from the OwnHammer EVH Greenback pack. Sounds fantastic!

My only gripe is that there is no such thing as a 1970 plexi. The last plexis were built in 1969. :)

I always end up playing that tune by Free on the 1970s plexi … it’s all right now 🎶🎵

This thing is just too much fun!

Many people actually dont like Marshall tones. How many of them are in online communities is a different number though.

Yup. We have Friedmans and Bogners and Atomicas because the world determined Marshalls
were inept and lacking. ;)

Last edited:
My JVM wasn't inept, that thing was glorious and did It all, until I went chasing another tone, namely Bogner Helios 100 wow shameful

Bumping this because it's absolutely amazing..! Revisited the 1970 today and it's just... yeah. Perfect Marshall.

Has this model been tweaked recently? Yek's guide says it's darker and smoother than earlier Marshalls but I actually find it has more cut and top end than say the 100W High at similar EQ settings. Maybe more "clank" or "kerrang" or whatever? Maybe it's the different Negative Feedback values?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom