Plex shift

edo

Power User
Vendor
I'm having a very hard time to sync the Plex shift (with one Plex set to 1 octave higher) to the tempo of the tune. BPM and tempo subdivisions are correct, but whenever I step on the preset, the plex delays are all over the place and the alignment to the sequence is random.. sometimes it's ok, sometimes delays are slower, sometimes are faster.. Is there a way to control this so that the repeats are actually in time with the sequence??

not really. because of the way the plex delays work, it's probably not your best best for snced, sequenced type delays. what are you trying to accomplish?

not really. because of the way the plex delays work, it's probably not your best best for snced, sequenced type delays. what are you trying to accomplish?

I'm trying to have a 1/4 note Plex set to 1 octave higher, so that at each repeat it doubles the repeat time (so first repeat is 1/4 1 octave higher, second repeat is 1/8 2 octaves higher, thirst repeat is 1/16 e octaves higher etc), in synch with a backing track.. so far the only way I figured to make it "sort of" happen, is by playing a note, waiting for delays to align and start the sequence right on the downbeat. The only problem is that I don't start the sequence, the drummer does!! :D

tricky one.

a) if you load up the fixed shifter and set voice 1 to +12, tempo to 1/4 and bump up the feedback, you'll get rising octaves at regular 1/4 note intervals

b) if you set voice 2 to +24, tempo to 1/4dot with some feedback, you'll get rising octaves, but with a slightly different rhythm than you're after

c) if you use two pitch blocks in parallel, you can use 4 voices with no feedback set to the rhythm you want, but the shifter only goes up to +24, so you won't get any octaves higher than that.

d) if you use two pitch blocks in series (in a parallel row, with the first set to 100% mix), you can set the first up like "b" above and the second at 50% mix with voice 1 set to +24, tempo to 1/8dot and zero feedback. again, not quite the pattern you were looking for, but another alternative.

once the pitch gets above +24, it's pretty hard to hear it, so i don't know if the rhythm of those later taps is all that critical. have a mess around and maybe you can find something that works for you

btw, if the rhythm is more important than the rising octaves, then you could run the fixed pitch set to 100% mix with no delay or feedback into a quad delay at 100% mix (both in a parallel side chain). set up the quad delay with the rhythm you want. all repeats with be one octave higher than original pitch, but you can set up the rhythm as you like

Back
Top Bottom