….

You'll need to rework this to make it fit in an FM9. The FM9 only has one Multi-Delay block so out of the gate you'll lose MD2 from your preset. But the routing and the block use is going be too much. You'll probably have to make a call between two CAB blocks or your crazy special effects line you use in scene 1.

Can we discuss this a bit more please?

If I were to get down to one cab block by merging the two cabinets in Cab B (via Cablab I suppose) and placing them in second slot of Cab A, and changed out MTD2 for say the Plex Delay in the FM9, would that suffice?
How about a screenshot of your III patch for those of us in the back? 🙂

I don't know if it would make any difference, but that's a ton of shunts, on the FM3 deleting those extra spaces can be helpful.
Shunts on the FX3 use about .12%.

The baseline on the FX3 is 4.8%, adding an entire row of 14 shunts took it up to about 6.5%. (6.5-4.8)/14=0.1214.

For comparison, the baseline on the FM3 is 12.8%, and with a row of 12 shunts it climbs to 15.1%. (15.1-12.8)/12=0.1916.

The CPU usage numbers are approximate because the various internal tasks make the readout wobble a bit.

Last edited:
Out of perverse curiosity, I refactored the preset to remove extraneous shunts and took it from 36 to 11. The original has several empty slots in the cabs so I filled those with quick grabs from the factory IRs just so I could get output on several of the scenes, and, after refactoring the scenes sound the same in the before and after versions. The CPU utilization went from about 73% to about 69%.

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 3.38.04 PM.png

Doing this reminded me of the days when a co-worker would hand me a pile of spaghetti code and I'd start refactoring to try to wrangle some order from the chaos.

Out of perverse curiosity, I refactored the preset to remove extraneous shunts and took it from 36 to 11. The original has several empty slots in the cabs so I filled those with quick grabs from the factory IRs just so I could get output on several of the scenes, and, after refactoring the scenes sound the same in the before and after versions. The CPU utilization went from about 73% to about 69%.

View attachment 87868

Doing this reminded me of the days when a co-worker would hand me a pile of spaghetti code and I'd start refactoring to try to wrangle some order from the chaos.
Mmm... The perverse joy of refactoring...

Can we discuss this a bit more please?
You bet. It's a discussion forum. :D

If I were to get down to one cab block by merging the two cabinets in Cab B (via Cablab I suppose) and placing them in second slot of Cab A, and changed out MTD2 for say the Plex Delay in the FM9, would that suffice?
I don't think so. But I can do a quick refactor in the FM9 and tell you for sure later tonight. I think you need to consider getting down to one chorus block as well. The delays and time based effects on that return loop are using a lot of CPU for a single scene that looks like it's a super special effect/sound scene.

Is "RAYGUN" meant to be Steve Stevens' raygun effect for Billy Idol tunes?

Note: I didn't actually play through your preset this morning. I just loaded it up in the III and took a look at it before the day job kicked in. So my guesses about sound and scene use might be incorrect.

View attachment 87868

Oh, the MTD2 is never used so removing it will drop CPU usage by 4-ish %.

Yes, but original music.

Do a pitch harmonic while playing the A note (2nd fret) on the G string and press your bar down. You need to turn on the scene EXACTLY as you pinch.
Do you only use the named scenes in the preset?

Ok. So you can straight up lose:

• Pitch 1
  • MTD 1

You don't use them in any of the named scenes. And doing some shunt reduction and refactoring we can get it down to:

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 9.54.53 PM.png

If you can live with one cabinet block instead of two it works:

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 9.57.04 PM.png

That's all I've got time to do right now. I don't want to go overboard on doing this for people right now. It's a thing that could quickly go off the rails, I suspect. As more people get FM9s they might be willing to do this on occassion.

I'm attaching the refactored III preset for you as well. That cleans up the routing a bunch and loses the two blocks mentioned above.

Attachments

• GROOVEY NO REVERB_20210830_215508.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Thank you so much.

I believe the FM9 can work for me then.

Just to be clear, adding back in two reverbs would be a non-factor since they are on a different chip correct?
They're not completely free. I threw one in to check and the preset went to 82% which is danger zone.

Try the III preset I uploaded and make sure it sounds like your original, just minus a cab block? If it doesn't, then it might not work.

Back
Top Bottom