Please recommend some acoustic guitar patches!

charley

Hi friends,

I’m new to the Fractal world, and just got my FM3. I would love it if someone could point me in the direction of some good patches for acoustic guitar. This is for using an acoustic guitar with the FM3, not an acoustic sim, FYI.

thanks!

This is what I'm doing and it's working pretty good although not fool proof. A guy from the Acoustic Guitar Forum developed a way for us all to make our own acoustic IR's that can be loaded into the FM3. You will need a condenser mic and a way to record to make your own IR.

In the FM3, use the TubePre in the amp block and load your custom IR into the cab block. From there, season to taste with reverb, parametric EQ, etc.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571361

Hi friends,

I’m new to the Fractal world, and just got my FM3. I would love it if someone could point me in the direction of some good patches for acoustic guitar. This is for using an acoustic guitar with the FM3, not an acoustic sim, FYI.

thanks!
The best acoustic patch I have ever used here is Marco Fantons acoustic patch. My acoustic's have piezo's-The sound is best I have heard for pure acoustic.
I have been trying to build my own since 2009 and my Standard-first fractal item I owned. I get an OK sound. But Marco's just is right on imho. I am a true acoustic player, started that way around the year of the flood. . Of course I plays Strats also. But acoustic was how I made $$$$ for many years as a solo act.

This is what I'm doing and it's working pretty good although not fool proof. A guy from the Acoustic Guitar Forum developed a way for us all to make our own acoustic IR's that can be loaded into the FM3. You will need a condenser mic and a way to record to make your own IR.

In the FM3, use the TubePre in the amp block and load your custom IR into the cab block. From there, season to taste with reverb, parametric EQ, etc.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571361
Your tip about the AGF thread much appreciated.

Reviving this thread as I too was recently searching for acoustic presets. I purchased Fanton's acoustic preset as well as the one from Worship Tutorials.

I can't recommend these enough. They really cover different ground so I'm glad I bought both.

I also snagged WT's acoustic Holy Grail IR set. Still playing around with it so will have to report back later.

Back
Top Bottom