Please recommend a FRFR Speaker for Axe FX II

Izzyprad

Inspired
Hello,

I am in the market for buying a pair of FRFR speakers to be used with Axe FX II (I play mostly rock, hard rock and metal). Can you guys recommend some good ones?

Also what FRFR speaker do you guys use, and type of music you play?

Thanks

Hello,

I am in the market for buying a pair of FRFR speakers to be used with Axe FX II (I play mostly rock, hard rock and metal). Can you guys recommend some good ones?

Also what FRFR speaker do you guys use, and type of music you play?

Thanks

Please; perform a search in the Amps and Cabs section. There are numerous threads/posts about this subject.

Last edited:
I have a pair of Mackie HD1531's and they're insane. You could also look at the smaller HD1221's, I haven't tried those.

Well, I was looking to spend about $800 max. But if HD1221 is that good, then I might consider that.

Let's see what others have to say.

Hi tried them all at our local store..from the Mackie, Bose, JBL, FBT, Peavey.... Best were FBT & QSC..... K12s &FBTs blew the rest away......the QSC seemed to be built better than FBTs..

bought a pair of K12s....truely spectacular..

Hi tried them all at our local store..from the Mackie, Bose, JBL, FBT, Peavey.... Best were FBT & QSC..... K12s &FBTs blew the rest away......the QSC seemed to be built better than FBTs..

Why did you like QSC over Mackie?

Why did you like QSC over Mackie?

RCF NX12-SMA > QSC K12 for multiple reasons. Sound #1, ease of accessing controls #2, size #3. Spend a little more money and get a much better buy.

I tried all kinds of speakers out.My friend is a manager at guitar center.I brought MY guitar and axe II.The qsc k 12's sounded the best to ME.I play hard rock,metal and classic rock.They have plenty of power an sound awesome at any volume.I found it very simple to dial in the tones I wanted.They have the perfect low end for me.More playing instead of tweaking and searching for my tone.I find you have to elevate them.I used them on speaker stands which was great.But,I placed them on top of a 4x12 cab on each side of my studio and found a really sweet tone spot.My rig sounds unbelievable to me! And anyone that hears it live.

Back
Top Bottom