Please recommend a FRFR Speaker for Axe FX II

Yea the nicest that I found here were the QSC K12s in the video. Don't know what patch that is as I am getting the Axe FxII delivered to me soon.

Really? How can you know what a FRFR speaker sounds through another speaker??? What???? This doesn't make any sense...
The QSC K12 was connected to a mic only and was recorded that way. That's why I was saying according to the video it sounded the nicest by far. I am no authority here but I felt quiet a bit of change in sound and clarity in every FRFR speaker that was tested,maybe it was the placement and all which made the QSC's sound the nicest. I also have the noise cancelling headphones by Bose that give me a lot extra details of hearing stuff minutely. :)
Cheers.

My wife hates the QSC.....her Keys sound very nasally/cheap. QSC has something goofy going on in the midrange. She likes the RCF.

If you have the ability to A/B them live, do so.

If anything, it'll just confuse you. Mostly you're hearing speakers hitting that camcorder mike at different angles, distances and reflections...
That's a really good point. as I mentioned earlier,I am no authority on this. I was just liking what I was hearing and now that you mention it the camera placement can be a big factor for them sounding superior.

My wife hates the QSC.....her Keys sound very nasally/cheap. QSC has something goofy going on in the midrange. She likes the RCF.

If you have the ability to A/B them live, do so.
So what is your experience so far,which ones do complete justice to the Axe FxII? I am interested in what Atomic is about to come up with. It looks promising to say the least.

I LOVE my QSC 12's in stereo. Totally changed the axe experience for me. I tried multiple combinations of guitar cabs and it never worked out...I tried the qsc's @ sam ash and the search was immediately over. Everyone is different though and the majority of music retailers will be happy to accommodate you trying out every speaker in the store.

Back
Top Bottom