Please read at least through page 5 of this forum before asking a question

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
*edit - i actually just meant read at least the TITLES of the posts through page 5.... we know nobody has the time to read all the threads :)*

There are lots of threads popping up which is great, but some awesome information and tips are being pushed back because "I just ordered and Axe-FX II."

Please look through the posts at least through page 5 of this forum (probably through page 10 by the end of the week!) before asking, as your questions may have already been answered.

Also, please look in the appropriate sub-forums before posting an MFC question in the Axe-FX II forum, for example.

It's not that people here don't want to help you, but I, for one, am getting tired of typing or linking the same things over and over when that information is right there waiting for you, like Richard Marx.

Thanks and have fun.

Sincerely, a nobody-important on this forum,

chrisallen8888

Last edited:
also, i wish people would make the title of their troubleshoot posts more descriptive.

"WEIRD THING HAPPENING!" is so much harder to remember what the topic is about vs. "3 clicks when i switch patches."

100% correct, but will change at max 1% of the problem ;)
Those people either wanna be handheld, are too lazy, simply don't have the time or are closely related to paullyjp :mrgreen

The pages may depend on how many topics are visible per page. I don't have a page 5 either :)

I'm sorry but I have this disorder that only allows me to read thru page 4. It really sucks cuz there are some great books I'd like to read but I can never get past the forward. In the manual I have to take it apart and renumber and regroup the pages into groups of 4. I also like to make fun of people who take themselves seriously. Talk about a waste of thread. Look in the mirror buddy.

TROLL-FIGHT.jpg

What do you mean with page 5 ?
Since 30 threads are displayed on a single 'page,' I believe chrisallen8888 is asking you to browse through the first 150 threads in this forum for an answer before starting a new thread.

I'd suggest making an effort to search for related posts using the search box at the top of the page. Sometimes that can be difficult because the search function excludes short words and common words, so you can't really qualify your search very well--but it's just good manners to make an attempt to if your topic has already been addressed before starting a new thread.

Yeah I am with you on doing some research and trial and error troubleshooting...but gee whiz! Not everyone is the same, thinks the same, has the same intelligence etc. give people a little grace before jumping on a holier than thou high horse. That's all I'm sayin. Plus when your eyes are crossed from trying to figure something out you just punt and ask for help.

I only like tomato basil bisque anyway.

I have no horse yo. I've helped many people here and my requests above are solely for the purpose of helping more people more effectively. If you want to chip away at those here who want to help, be my guest.

Punting and asking for help is absolutely fine and it's par for the course during a firmware upgrade, or really anytime, for there to be tons of similar threads in the same topic in a forum. Many of us will answer each thread if we can.

But again, just because some of us ask for a little consideration of searching and reading before posting doesn't mean we are on a high horse or anything.

The logic in this thread is like the person who writes a letter to the editor of the local newspaper complaining about how their garden gnomes were stolen from their front yard last night and asking....no begging.... for their safe return. I'm guessing people who steal garden gnomes in the middle of the night aren't interested in keeping up with the local happenings.

Back
Top Bottom