Please, please no more daily Updates!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, Chris. But human nature won't let it go till we're bored with it. "We" have to say something. It has been somewhat entertaining. And since Cliff posted an informative/positive statement, should bring it to a close. Just thinking.

Yup. I completely agree. Just wishful thinking I guess, and how I try to operate. I type, then delete and not post a lot on here :)

The bottom line is we are the customers and FAS is the manufacturer.

Every customer has the choice to use or not use Fractal gear. At the end of the day, the customer makes their own choices.

Given the history of FW updates, as a newish forum user, to come into an FAS forum and declare a stop to frequent FW updates...

hard for me to consider that anything but stirring up sh!t :)

I actually applaud Fractal for the frequent releases and being on the front foot with bug fixes and improvements.

Many other companies leave bugs until the next release, which can sometimes be 6-12 months later.....I know what I'd rather have.

If the bug fixes and/or changes don't seem important to you, then don't load the firmware. Simple.
I've sometimes done this with this product (and others) when I see that the bugs been fixed are do to with features I don't use, so I know doesn't affect me.
However, in the case of tonal and modelling changes. UPDATE ASAP!!!!

If you don't like updates sell your AxeFx and buy a tube amp.

Then you can update your one or two good sounds anytime you feel like buying new tubes.

Keep the FW updates flowing! Each one of us is free to update whenever he wants to, but I 100% agree with Cliff on this: why not fixing known bugs? The Axe is filled with endless possibilities. So I don't know yet if a known bug won't annoy me if I don't update to the latest FW. And I surely don't blame FAS for not detecting every possible bug in the system for every new FW. On the contrary, I am always amazed by how quickly a bug is fixed by a new FW once it is reported! So please, keep it going this way, which makes FAS the best company ever!

hate this kind of public suicide-3d
mine is the reply #57... I think is enough.

1b6dea0f1b1d5df2cccd6ea5fa49d9083991050f6493726bdca4cc1e00b4bbe8.jpg

Reactions: mwd
There were numerous changes for G3 (V18). The beta testers simply aren't catching the bugs. So we are relying on the community. There's no harm in updated firmware. Don't load it if it bothers you. But it's foolish to leave firmware languishing with known bugs when it is such a simple task to fix them and update.

I volunteer as tribute!

Hi Cliff;

It' a good way, doing it like that!
No one is forced to update every time.

I like the quick response on detected bugs!
I like it, to be involved in the step by step progress of the Axe-Fx software.

When I've the time to do it, I play around with the updates.
When I don't have it, I don't play and test.

That's all about it.

No reason for discussions ;-)

Do it again, Sam, sorry, Cliff!

Regards from Europe
Mike

Hi hell raiser,
Here's the solution for you - update only when the update appears on the fractal main site. This forum is often treated to updates well before they are officially released on the main fractal site - presumably to ensure any last minute issues can be attended to. So - stop installing the updates you see so often on the forum, and just work from fractals main site.
That way, us guys that like the frequent updates and great service can continue to enjoy it without problems.

Pauly

I like the Axe very much and I'm a User from the first Hour.
But my Wish are, good and well tested, good sounding Updates without Bugs, that make no big changes in my Presets, I just install them and all sounds perfect, just a little bit better than before. :)
Other Companies can do this, wy not FA?
I' m tired of tweaking the whole Sh... after every Update.
Please give us one PERFECT good sounding Update every 3 Months without the need of tweaking all new and I will be happy.

Thanks!
Hellraiser

I 100% agree with the less updates. I would rather see more regression testing, which would mean higher quality update releases, and less of them.

Just my 2 cents...

I 100% agree with the less updates. I would rather see more regression testing, which would mean higher quality update releases, and less of them.

Just my 2 cents...

Then like the OP, you should just wait for integer releases and ignore the decimal updates.

Wow, there is just no pleasing some people.
Anyway - keep the updates coming.

Users have the choice of updating (or not) as they see fit. (duh !! )

The more updates the better, it just brings each preset I make and each amp, cab, effect closer to perfection the way I look at it.

Rarely have I ever had to re-tweak after a FW release. Honestly, I do more re-tweaking if I use a different guitar for a given patch. Keep 'em comin'!!

Please bring more daily updates!!!!

Just come back from gigging and haven't had a better sound within the last 24 hours.

Please bring on the next version!

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom