Please, please no more daily Updates!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a choice...I love my choice of updating whenever I want to the latest Fractal has to offer.

Trade your Axe for a (insert most brands here) - you'll get a minor update every 5 years - perfect for your needs. By the way, there's no such thing as a perfect bug free update. All software / firmware updates from any product whether released in a long or short timeframe will have at least some bugs in it. Fractal's QA is relatively good on software / firmware releases - not a fanboy statement - just a fact. as stated above - you can update as little or as much as you want - what's the issue?

Last edited:
Show me a case where this is happened? You can't.

Shure the proof isnt easy, as I dont know the new bugs in 18,11. On the other hand you can't proof that this never happend either. Just Doing some basic math's shows clear the relation, that improving complex code to quickly will increase the probability of causing new probs significantly.

By the way I had with 18.06 muddy bass frequencies all of the sudden, which were gone by magic with 18.10.

But right I'm not forced to update every time.

Last edited:
I like the Axe very much and I'm a User from the first Hour.
But my Wish are, good and well tested, good sounding Updates without Bugs, that make no big changes in my Presets, I just install them and all sounds perfect, just a little bit better than before. :)
Other Companies can do this, wy not FA?
I' m tired of tweaking the whole Sh... after every Update.
Please give us one PERFECT good sounding Update every 3 Months without the need of tweaking all new and I will be happy.

Thanks!
Hellraiser

I can only imagine what your other 15 posts are like...

I have no set rules on updates but as a gigging guitarist don't have the time to install every update that comes along. I also can't risk making major changes to my own patches just before a show.

I read the details of the update carefully, if it's going to improve what I use or fix something I need then I'll do it. Otherwise, why bother.

To the OP, you're never going to win this argument. The bedroom fanboys out weigh you 100:1.

As I've said when this has come up previously, touring acts are not taking risks by updating constantly.

Do you have factual data to prove your assumptions? I think you would be surprised at how many touring acts change on the fly. Matt spends a lot of his time doing just that with them.

And your ever present pompous attitude and belittling of hobbyists never ends. I have always found it amusing that you spew this fanboy and Cliff worshiping BS as if you are somehow so much above such behavior. Obviously you cannot see the hypocrisy in your doing so. Hey, maybe if you take your head out of Steve's ass for a few moments you might see the light. :lol

Last edited:
Quickest way to get everyone to hate you OP. Some of us love to update, and if Cliff released updates daily I would be in update heaven. So what if you don't like it? THen don't update, but nope, instead you have 0 logic and little common sense, so you feel "well since I don't like it, Fractal shouldn't do it" while most of us love it. So yeah man, why don't you do what Yek and others said, which is pretty damn simple, don't update but every 3 months.

I love the updates. I get excited. It causes me to want to use my ears to look for differences and make a new patch. It's fun for me. :eagerness:

You also have to admit that some people are overly analytical about things to a fault. Some guy sought my help after a firmware update. He said he traced it such that the new firmware added 2 dB of 1k to his favorite Marshall amp model. He was getting all bent out of shape about updates changing his tone. I suggested he cut 1k in the amp block graphic by 2db. He did it after a few more minutes of exclamation, then said "oh that fixed it thanks" and left my chat suddenly. :)

Similarly, people say something is different when it really isn't too. So just take everything with a grain of salt.

Do you have factual data to prove your assumptions? I think you would be surprised at how many touring acts change on the fly. Matt spends a lot of his time doing just that with them.

And your ever present pompous attitude and belittling of hobbyists never ends. I have always found it amusing that you spew this fanboy and Cliff worshiping BS as if you are somehow so much above such behavior. Obviously you cannot see the hypocrisy in your doing so. Hey, maybe if you take your head out of Steve's ass for a few moments you might see the light. :lol

Maybe you'd talk that tough face to face?

This thread in a nutshell

quadruplefcepalm_zps2a41e7ba.jpg

I like the Axe very much and I'm a User from the first Hour.
But my Wish are, good and well tested, good sounding Updates without Bugs, that make no big changes in my Presets, I just install them and all sounds perfect, just a little bit better than before. :)
Other Companies can do this, wy not FA?
I' m tired of tweaking the whole Sh... after every Update.
Please give us one PERFECT good sounding Update every 3 Months without the need of tweaking all new and I will be happy.

Thanks!
Hellraiser

Very conservative outlook for a 'Hellraiser' ;) Keep 'em coming I say....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom