Please, please no more daily Updates!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent! This is going quite well now!

end-well-14.jpg

IMO THIS is what makes FAS stand out VS the other modellers. I for one look forward to the updates as it tells me that FAS doesn't rest while constantly improving and making this THE best unit on the market!

+1. Another methodology would be: only update when a Major revision comes and in that case update to the PREVIOUS release's final version. Example: say the 18s go up to 18.15 then 19.0 comes: you update to 18.15 because presumably that was a highly stable final 18 series release prior to a shift and flurry of point releases that follow a major update. Then, when 20 drops, you roll to 19.xx final. In that scenario you are still following development but only adopting highly stable releases whose tonal changes relative to the previous series have been hashed out ad naseum by early adopters.

Bottom line is that the only update that won't affect ANYTHING is the update you don't apply. The point of an update it is to change things. If you don't want to change stuff, don't update.

THIS! ^ quoting it again so it doesn't get lost on the 2nd page.

Reactions: J.C
I'm the first of 100 reply-ers who wiil respond like this: "Just update once every 3 months". Problem solved.

I'm the 25th of 100 reply-ers who wiil respond like this: "Just update once every 3 months". Problem solved.

The whole notion of an update it is that it will sound different (be changed) how can you expect it be the same? There is no other company that do what Fractal does in the sense that they are constantly refining the modeling. Most other companies are adding bells and whistles, Fractal is changing the engine.

With that said I never understood the guys who talk about their patches always getting messed up and tweaking non stop. I started with Axe on the ultra and been on the ii since the first month. I regularly update FW and go straight to gigs. I can count how many times I have thought what the hell just happened to my tone?

pffftt. I want real-time updates. When Cliff turns a dial it should change on my axe in realtime cause that would be so sick :mrgreen

I hear Line 6 can accommodate this request, oh wait thats once every two years. lol

Just update once every 3 months

To the OP, you're never going to win this argument. The bedroom fanboys out weigh you 100:1.

As I've said when this has come up previously, touring acts are not taking risks by updating constantly.

It has nothing to do with "bedroom fanboys". You may be a little disenfranchised with the brand, but antagonizing a bunch of paying customers for loving the brand adds nothing to your post. As you said, touring acts are not taking the risks by updating constantly. Bottom line, he won't win the argument - not because he's outnumbered by loyal fans, but because what he's saying is "please don't give us any more updates, because I don't want them, and yet somehow I can't control myself and end up uploading them to my unit".

It has nothing to do with "bedroom fanboys". You may be a little disenfranchised with the brand, but antagonizing a bunch of paying customers for loving the brand adds nothing to your post. As you said, touring acts are not taking the risks by updating constantly. Bottom line, he won't win the argument - not because he's outnumbered by loyal fans, but because what he's saying is "please don't give us any more updates, because I don't want them, and yet somehow I can't control myself and end up uploading them to my unit".

Thats not what the OP ment. In my understanding he said: Whats the benfit of 1 quick bug fix, if you create 10+ new bugs caused by a way too quick bug fix release.

Quite simply...WAIT; don't update until you're ready and want to. Your axe-fx is NOT going to explode if you don't load every update!

Thats not what the OP ment. In my understanding he said: Whats the benfit of 1 quick bug fix, if you create 10+ new bugs caused by a way too quick bug fix release.

Show me a case where this is happened? You can't.

But the advice from Yek and everyone else still applies: wait. If you want 10 release to update it's as if, by MAGIC, someone heard your plea to help you with your self-control issues and bundled all the updates and bug fixes in to one SUPER RELEASE just for you. You can even call it MY PERSONAL SUPER RELEASE FIRMWARE so you feel extra special.

I didn't realize cliff was standing over your shoulder forcing you to update every time things are improved. He's doing all this work for free for current users in hopes of producing a better product for future users. Don't want to update? Then don't its simple. Just update every time you feel like you want to.

Not trying to take this out on you but there's so many people on here with that kind of mind set. Go back to FW10 and sit there for all we care.

Delete this thread. I mean everyone is entitled to an opinion but I don't see how anyone could agree with this. Update if you want. Otherwise don't. This is one of THE BIGGEST reasons people like Fractal and the AXE FX. They are constantly striving to make it better and give us a better product for which they already have our money. Sorry man, I'm always putting my foot in my mouth too but I think you need to realize what you wrote. The OP sounds like a slap in the face to FAS. Complete crap.

Very simple solution. Stop visiting the forum, stop downloading updates, stop updating your axe. It really is that simple. Really.

Imagine if Mesa offered you a new amp every week, no charge. But each new amp sounded a bit different and you had to give back your current one. Would you take the amp each week and "struggle" to find your tone again? Or would you simply say "I'm ok" and politely refuse?

I think people have a "problem" with this concept because it's digital. If someone for free offered to trade out the physical amps and cabs of someone's rig all the time, of course they'd say no. But because it's a simple 2 minute USB process, people just can't resist.

Last edited:
Show me a case where this is happened? You can't.

What if someone is still happy with Fw 17.03 modeling for example (not me, I'm still on Fw18.00 and never switched the unit on since end of february....lot of work here) and wanted to use UltraRes Cabinets "working correctly"? He can't.....

At least I can make a difference between simple bug fixes and additional features....what is it all about here.

I understand that these threads wont get us to any point, since there will be always the same type of answers, memes and funny quotes. But since I am already quoted as an asshole with only bad behavior to some of you including the master himself, my post will also change nothing and the world is still turning tomorrow.... ;)

Have fun!

Cheers
P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom