Please, No More Gas

gigawatt

Experienced
I was looking for another ADA MP1 Classic to use in conjunction with my Axe Fx III and this came up, hopefully the link will work, you might have to sign in. I've wanted to try one of these for 15+ years! I had the Mesa 20/20 but it didn't have the deep switch only a mod, plus, the Marshall is not as deep and just looks so classy in gold. :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marshall-E...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I almost bid on it, but would have lost anyway. I could just see the four space rack blazin hot with a preamp and "effects processor?" in my mind. Ahh, I've built so many... but then I'd need a 412, (sold the 5 I had), another midi pedal controller, all the patch cables, etc. and... a new house to put them in!

I wish next day shipping was cheaper, then I'd have everything for my Axe Studio and can start putting it all together, :):):) Ugh, still have to wait till Tuesday though.:(

I have an ADA MP1, original owner, that I was planning to sell. With the split stack cabinets and the B200S amp and the MIDI pedal controller. I still have my Alesis Quadraverb that I used with it, too!

I bought it all new almost 27 years ago, before my first son was born!

I have an ADA MP1, original owner, that I was planning to sell. With the split stack cabinets and the B200S amp and the MIDI pedal controller. I still have my Alesis Quadraverb that I used with it, too!
My bread-n-buttah rig through the late 80's/early 90's combined with a Marshall EL34 100/100 and dual Laney 4x12's . What a tone! =)

I bought it all new almost 27 years ago, before my first son was born!

Woooow! I ran an ADA MP! into a Quadraverb into an Alesis 3630 for gate after the ADA and compression before, then into a Peavey 5050 (8 EL84's Stereo) into an old block letter 5150 412 with Sheffield 1200's, wonderful lead tone. Then I sold the 5150 cab and switched to Vintage 30's, what a mistake. "Don't know what ya got till it's gone." BTW, what kinda speakers came in those ADA split stacks?

Oh yeah rushfan I used to go to bed listening to 2112 on vinyl as I fell asleep. :)

My bread-n-buttah rig through the late 80's/early 90's combined with a Marshall EL34 100/100 and dual Laney 4x12's . What a tone! =)

Oh that Marshall must of weighed a ton! I had a 9100 (50/50) with 1950's Tung Sol 6L6 WGB's in it, heavy, they sure are pretty though :) What kinda speakers were in the Laney 412"s?

My ears are ringing just thinking about that!

Lol, if it's too loud your too old!

Thanks guys for sharing your ADA driven rigs :)

Ahhh... memories :) I had the Marshall 9200a? 100x2 along with the peavey tubefex & controller, custom built 2x12 stereo cab (sometimes a mesa 4x12). I believe it was an 8 space rack with a double sliding rack drawer furman etc..... It weighed a ton and I'd pick it up and go like it was nothing .... then :eek: Now it hurts to think about it :)

You dodged a valve-eating overheating monster with that amp.......used one for quite some time and overheating was a bit of an issue.

But the 9100 is a beast - still have one in the garage........useful for powering 4 4x12 cabinets if the need arises and damn fine for weight training!!

I had my much loved Ampeg double V-4 stacks. Two heads, 4 cabs. Could blow out a match at 50 yards with an A chord.No empty show cabs for me. Mine were loaded, loud and proud. Thank God for roadies!

I have one of those Marshall 20/20 amps in my basement. I actually just got it re-tubed.
I also had a switch installed so you can shut off one side of the amp.
(those amps have to be run in stereo at all times...or with a load connected to each side).....but not mine :)

I haven't hooked it up to my Axe (since I had the Ultra).

I also have the JMP-1 and the 100/100 power amp.
I'm always keeping an eye out for the JFX-1....just to have the all gold rig.

Ha! I see a fractal MFC on the side of that picture, is that your cab for sale?

I have a 2x12 vertical mesa like that in my basement...with the old metal grill. Classic 80's.

Back
Top Bottom