• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Please make an FX8 Mark 3 in the FM3 form factor. I'm begging you.

FullReverse

Inspired
Yes. I really dig fractal effects. Don’t care about modeling. I like “I have one great clean sound and one great drive sound and I’ll stack drives and effects on top”. Which means the 1 million amps and cabs that are a significant part of a cost of the modeler I just bought are wasted. 4CM optimized FM9 please. I’ll wait…

Walter B

I saw that Guthrie Govan is Using the FX8 series 1 this year and he said Nothing Else make more Sense for Touring

Last edited:

OrganicZed

Power User
this is why I'm selling my axefx 3 , it doesn't behave the same way with an amp as the fx8 does.

I have also noticed that the Axe-FX III is not quite as transparent as the FX8 when used with a tube amplifier. The FX8 is a unique product and is optimized for use with 4 cable method. The Axe-FX III is much more flexible, but I do hear a loss in high frequency when running it in front of an amp's input. I'm glad that I have both.

I would welcome a new FX only unit with the flexibility of the grid layout and improved processing power, but I don't think Fractal will make one.

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
I’d just like to see switching relays added to the FM3 for switching amp channels and pedals that support TR/TRS.

FullReverse

Inspired
Interesting, @yek So the FM9 is not marketed as being 4cm optimized, but may in fact be on par with the FX8 given that it’s an offshoot of an offshoot of the FX8?

I’m on the waiting list, but falling back in love with FX8 at the moment.

Rex

Legend!
Interesting, @yek So the FM9 is not marketed as being 4cm optimized, but may in fact be on par with the FX8 given that it’s an offshoot of an offshoot of the FX8?
The FX8 is wonderful gear. I still have mine. But compared to that, the FM9 ( (along with the FM3) has:

• Better and cleaner I/O;
  • More and better effects;
  • Amp modeling, in case you want a really fancy Drive pedal. :cool:

And the FM3 has a lower price.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I have also noticed that the Axe-FX III is not quite as transparent as the FX8 when used with a tube amplifier. The FX8 is a unique product and is optimized for use with 4 cable method. The Axe-FX III is much more flexible, but I do hear a loss in high frequency when running it in front of an amp's input. I'm glad that I have both.

I would welcome a new FX only unit with the flexibility of the grid layout and improved processing power, but I don't think Fractal will make one.
The analog signal path in the Axe-Fx III is the same as the FX8.

JamDoc

I love my FX8.

I have one of the first runs of the FX8. I run it in front of a very modded DRRI. I use the/tweaked pre-set 'Deluxe Verb' for a Praise & Worship band. I have been told my tone sounds like angels singing. The reverbs in the FX8 are world class! & if you tweak around with the dives you can light a fire with a E.Johnson Strat or LesPaul C+++

It's dead silent, reliable & very flexible.

- I do want the FM3 for a USB/DR set up

eric_

So in terms of 4CM it seems Axe FX III, FM9 and FX8 all share essentially the same analog path, whereas the FM3 was not designed with 4CM in mind so may not have quite the same fidelity.

If I'm not interested in 4CM, and only running the FM3 for effects before my amp, does that change anything? Are they all on par in that case?

eric_

So in terms of 4CM it seems Axe FX III, FM9 and FX8 all share essentially the same analog path, whereas the FM3 was not designed with 4CM in mind so may not have quite the same fidelity.

If I'm not interested in 4CM, and only running the FM3 for effects before my amp, does that change anything? Are they all on par in that case?

Any confirmation on this @FractalAudio?

Top Bottom