• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Please make an FM7

Johan Allard

Forum Addict
Excited by the new FM3, can't wait to get the latest modelling and functions from the Axe Fx 3 + FC, but at the same time I can't help but feeling that 3 buttons isn't going to cut it most of the time. I'll probably end up with the FM3 + FC6 and I'm sure that will work well. When I've been thinking about this, I think there should be a floorboard model with more buttons that would be the ideal solution for most people most of the time. Sticking with the FC form factor, this is what I think would be a better option:

What do you think? Would you have preferred an FM7 over an FM3?

Hopefully though, we'll get both as options :)

Last edited:

unix-guy

Legend!
Excited by the new FM3, can't wait to get the latest modelling and functions from the Axe Fx 3 + FC, but at the same time I can't help but feeling that 3 buttons isn't going to cut it most of the time. I'll probably end up with the FM3 + FC6 and I'm sure that will work well. But I can't help but feeling that there should be a floorboard model with more buttons that would be the ideal solution for most people most of the time. Sticking with the FC form factor, this is what I think would be a better option:

My guess would be FM9, using the FC-12 chassis...

Smittefar

Fractal Fanatic
I would love an FM7 like this. It would be everything I ever wanted. I get the logic that something with the FC12 form factor is more likely, but I would much prefer this FM7.

jefferski

Fractal Fanatic
My guess would be FM9, using the FC-12 chassis...
Yep. One button wider, and room for one more on the upper row. Would be way more useable for me than having an FM3 + FC6. Although it'd be significantly larger than the AX8 and still have less switches.

Actually, Moke's idea in the other thread would be the most appealing, but with 2 rows of switches, an FM12. I love having the amp controls right there so I can make tweaks at practice w/out having to menu dive.

Smittefar

Fractal Fanatic
I thought of that too, but the III UI is just so well thought out that I don't think, I would ever need or use the direct amp controls. On click would take me to the amp basic page, which is all I need.

Reactions: jon

Johan Allard

Forum Addict
Yes, I understand why lots of people think that a FC12 based FM (FM9?) would be the obvious next step, but to me that would miss the ideal mark. An FM9 would be almost identical in size to a FM3 + FC6. My suggestion would be a narrower unit that would be more portable while still provide a lot more flexibility.

jarabuandi

Veteran
Excited by the new FM3, can't wait to get the latest modelling and functions from the Axe Fx 3 + FC, but at the same time I can't help but feeling that 3 buttons isn't going to cut it most of the time. I'll probably end up with the FM3 + FC6 and I'm sure that will work well. When I've been thinking about this, I think there should be a floorboard model with more buttons that would be the ideal solution for most people most of the time. Sticking with the FC form factor, this is what I think would be a better option:

Looks very good indeed....but still want the option of 2 AMP blocks.

Akstrat

Inspired
I'm going to be really disappointed if I buy the FM3 and FC6 and next year at this time they come out with a FM7 or similar! It really begs the question of how long to wait?

ElectricPhase

Forum Addict
I would have been happy with an FM5, but we all want different things. They tried to accommodate everyone with this modular approach, and I genuinely think it's brilliant. The only group not covered are those who want a fully functional, self contained, and equally portable upgrade for the AX8....which is ironic if you think about it.

Reactions: jon

ElectricPhase

Forum Addict
Well, isn't the FM3 replacing the AX8 in the product lineup, with wait list requests for the AX8 transferred to the FM3? In light of the differences in the use case, I find that ironic.

Smittefar

Fractal Fanatic
Ahh - I get your point. I agree that the FM3 looks (at least on the surface) quite a lot different from the AX8.

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
I see no way they make a larger FM. They made it modular for a reason. We get the amount of foot switches we want and pay for it. From a business move it was smart. I am 100% getting Fm3+Fc6 and I am sad because I am missing 2 more buttons. I have really made the AX buttons do a lot for me but I always missed the amount of buttons I had with the MFC 101

ksandvik

Veteran
With the modular design of FM3 you could build an FM6, or FM9, or FM12, or FM24, or FM36....

Or re-design your FM36 to an FM12 or even an FM3 depending on the gig.

Top Bottom