Please help with X-Load and Axe-FX III: No return signal

Scented Meat

Power User
On the meters page I can see signal passing through chain up to and including Output 3. No signal at all at Input 3 block (or after, of course).

My Out 3 knob on front panel is turned up to 2 o'clock. I have a FAS humbuster cable (black end) running out from Output 3 on back panel into JVM 410 head front input (blue end of humbuster). Then I have a BTPA speaker cable running from 1X8 ohm output on back of amp head into "AMP IN" on back of X-Load. Then a 1/4 inch instrument cable from "UNBALANCED" out of X-Load into "Input 3" on back of Axe-FX.

I've tested the instrument cable and it works. The amp is powered up; standby is off. I've tried every channel of the amp: still no signal coming to Input 3. The X-Load is not separately powered, but it's my understanding from the manual that it needn't be when using the unbalanced output. I turned the DI knob up to maximum. So I'm stumped.

Any thoughts?

Thank in advance.

Karsten

Edit: I tested the amp head with my 4X12 cab. No problem with the amp.

Second edit: I tried different Is and Os from Axe-FX. I also tried a different speaker cable. Finally I tried to use the Balanced out (XLR) from the X-Load while powering it with 9V DC. Still no luck. I'm concerned the problem is with the X-Load, since every other component of the rig seems to work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom