Please Help! Redwirez IR's sound thin and fizzy, or is it just me?

So lately i've been exploring redwirez IR's (in this case, the Mesa Rectifier V30).
I've seen various examples on youtube when ppl have mic'ed the same cab, sm57, allegedly raw, without any processing what so ever.
AND whenever i compare it with the redwire one's, i feel as if they have a lack of that low end that the real deal offers, and are more emphasized in the nasal/harsh midrange if anything.

Now, this is something i experience with most cab models, which leads me to believe that either i'm wrong and imagining it psychosomatically, or my IR's are not being loaded into my axe fx correctly.

Here's a tiny test clip of what i get when i'm using them. For all intents and purposes, my signalchain in this example is just Amp (PVH 5150->Cab RedWirez MesaRectifierV30. No Eq, no drive pedals. Just stripped to the bone, and all tone controls set flat at noon.
Same riff played 3 times (1st sm57cap0inches, 2nd sm57cap-edge0inches, 3rd sm57cone0inches)

I would appreciate if ppl with experience could give it a listen and let me know if the IR's are working as they should.
If they are, my opinion is that they arent really reflecting what i hear from other raw playthroughs online.

Back
Top Bottom