PLEASE HELP! PASSIVE FRFR'S WITH AXEFXII XL & MATRIX GT1500FXBD

Hello Everyone!!! Unexperienced Newbie Here!!!

Will be receiving my XL and MFC 101 soon and looking forward to it.

I have decided to run a wet /dry / wet onstage plus two lines to FOH, with three Passive FRFR's onstage with the 3 Channel Matrix GT1500FXBD.

I play in an original heavy rock band as well as a classic to current rock cover band. I have narrowed my search down to the following:

A.) Atomic CLR Wedges or Cabs

B.) XiTone 1x12 Passive Wedges

C.) Matrix CFR 12 Wedges

For those of you running FRFR's or who have experience with FRFR's be it passive or active, what are the sonic differences between these? Also which ones sound the best to your ears and why?

For the record I like a full, rich, big sound that when pushed with volume has clarity and separation. Almost three dimensional. I like to feel the sound hit me and move me. I hope that helps give you an idea where I am at. I do want to be able to have the Axe FX II XL do all of the coloring of sound and be the tone shaper and not the speakers as I am looking for consistency from venue to venue without going crazy to have to alter and tweak like crazy on the fly if possible.

I hope this is the right thread to post this. If not I apologize.

Thank you so much for all your help and opinions everyone. I really appreciate anybody's input at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom