Please Help me with studio monitors

CesarUribe

Hi Guys :D new to the forum and a future owner of an Axe FX II.
I decided to go the studio monitors way, Im going to mix on them and play the Axe FX Through them, I Currently own a Boss gt-10 so im going to use them with the gt-10 for now.
The problem is that in my country the good monitors are only available theough Web store so I can't try them and its really hard to return them and I wanna go for a good pair of monitors for like 1000 dollars a pair, Im about to buy the Adam A5X but I havent read good stuff about them, would you recommend other studio monitors for a Small size room?
please respond asap :D
cheers.

PD: Sorry for the bad english, Its not my mother lenguage.

I have read absolutely glowing reviews about the D5 Equator series:

https://www.equatoraudio.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=49

I don't have them, but considered picking up a pair back when they were $299 (they are now $399). Search for reviews on these. Among others, Craig Anderton (Electronic Musician) raved about them.

I have three pairs - a pair of Focals ($!), a pair of Event 20/20's., and a pair of Tannoy's. Naturally the Focals are my favorite, but they were around $13-1400 each...

Hi Guys :D new to the forum and a future owner of an Axe FX II.
I decided to go the studio monitors way, Im going to mix on them and play the Axe FX Through them, I Currently own a Boss gt-10 so im going to use them with the gt-10 for now.
The problem is that in my country the good monitors are only available theough Web store so I can't try them and its really hard to return them and I wanna go for a good pair of monitors for like 1000 dollars a pair, Im about to buy the Adam A5X but I havent read good stuff about them, would you recommend other studio monitors for a Small size room?
please respond asap :D
cheers.

PD: Sorry for the bad english, Its not my mother lenguage.

Choosing the right monitors for me was a painful process.

When I was purchasing my studio monitors, I was about to pull the trigger with my Sweetwater rep on the Yamaha HS80Ms, he even owned them himself, but at the last minute, I got a knot in my stomach and decided to hold off and do a bit more research. I'm very happy with what I ended up with. I decided on the JBL LSR4326Ps and I love them.

They have recently gone through a price reduction and are $100.00 over your range, but IMO they are worth it. They are closed back digital monitors, and they sound fantastic, plus they have a lot of features most monitor speakers just don't have.

Check em out... and good luck with your decision, ps... DO NOT SKIMP ON MONITORS. Your ears will thank you. :)

JBL LSR4326P Pak | Sweetwater.com

I like my HS80M speakers as well but I was torn on getting the JBL LSR4326P speakers. I had to order on line so I could not chose by A/B'ing the speakers. I have some JBL monitors that I use at work that I have had for 26 years now. They still sound great!

Sorry I cant be more help in your decision making process. Someone else please speak up that has been able to compare both speakers side by side.

Thanks guys for the knowledge :D unfortunately in my country there are no JBL'S nor Dynaudio :(
I get to choose between Adam A5X, Yamaha HS80M, Event 20/20 BAS, KRK Rokkits (I have never thought of these), Genelecs 8020 or Tannoys Reveal 601.

I compared a whole bunch when I got my Dynaudios. The final choice was between the Adams and the Dynaudio BM5a. For me, the Dynaudio won because the guitar midrange sounded better and warmer to my ears with every test recording I selected.

It's such a personal decision--you really need to hear 'em first. Could you find some local musicians with monitors to listen to?

Unfotunately I live in a town, where there isnt a lot of musicians with good gear, the only music store here sells only Samson studio monitors and Tannoys, I dont want to use my axe FX with a pair of samsons Resolv A6 :(

Let me ask you guys, does the Axe-FX II sound as good going right into the actual monitors or better to just hear Axe-FX II recordings via the computer?

Let me ask you guys, does the Axe-FX II sound as good going right into the actual monitors or better to just hear Axe-FX II recordings via the computer?

If you have a good output from the computer to the mixer it should sound nearly the same. I run my Axe-FX 2 and my computer into an analog mixer. The mixer feeds the sound to the monitors. Allows me to feed multiple sound sources into the monitors.

Pick up a used pair of Mackie HR824's... great monitors for about $400-500 per pair used... they sound very similar to the Genelec's we've used in big studios for years...

I've actually never owned another pair of monitors, or used another for that matter, but I absolutely love my HS80M's. They sound great, and hopefully I'll never have to hear nicer ones so I wont start gassing.

Back
Top Bottom