Please help me understand how to program footswitches on FM3

addedc

Experienced
I programmed a FCB1000 for my Ultra and got along with the AX8 fine, but for some reason even after reading the user manual and footswitch guide, I can not wrap my head around how to program per preset footswitches on an FM3 using the OMG layout with an FC-6. Could someone please walk me through that, explaining, say how to make the top left button on the FC-6 turn on a chorus instead of reverb in one pre-set, preferably using FM3 edit?

We finally have our first gig after the pandemic next week, so I finally need to learn this for real. Thanks very much in advance for any help.

I programmed a FCB1000 for my Ultra and got along with the AX8 fine, but for some reason even after reading the user manual and footswitch guide, I can not wrap my head around how to program per preset footswitches on an FM3 using the OMG layout with an FC-6. Could someone please walk me through that, explaining, say how to make the top left button on the FC-6 turn on a chorus instead of reverb in one pre-set, preferably using FM3 edit?

We finally have our first gig after the pandemic next week, so I finally need to learn this for real. Thanks very much in advance for any help.
Rather than one of us write a tutorial, let's turn this around, and you tell us what you tried and we'll explain where you went wrong. It's a shorter path.

Are you using the front panel of the FM3 or FM3-Edit? If you're not using the editor you should because the editor makes it very easy when using the FC-Edit and FC Per-Preset screens. A little experimenting should reveal all.

go to the preset you want to change
click FC Edit near the top right of FM3-Edit
click the footswitch you want to change
near the bottom right side where it says Pre-Preset Override, change it to PP#1 (per-preset number 1)

click Per-Preset FC near the top right of FM3-Edit
click PP#1 and edit it like a normal footswitch to do what you want.

save the preset.

Mahalo for helping Chris. I hate to be dense but I don't see FC Edit on my screen. See attached screenshot. If I select Per-Preset FC, then I get to the screen of the 24 switch layouts. Since there are two units involved, I was not sure which button is number one. I did get to the per-preset override screen though and did what you said. That seems to have worked (though I initially did get all the LCDs on the FM3 reading "per-pre-set" until I cycled it on and off). I am quite a bit older than you are and find this VERY confusing. Each one of the buttons can do so much I suppose it has to be. I very much appreciate your help. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-24 154139.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-24 154139.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 22
Mahalo for helping Chris. I hate to be dense but I don't see FC Edit on my screen. See attached screenshot. If I select Per-Preset FC, then I get to the screen of the 24 switch layouts. Since there are two units involved, I was not sure which button is number one. I did get to the per-preset override screen though and did what you said. That seems to have worked (though I initially did get all the LCDs on the FM3 reading "per-pre-set" until I cycled it on and off). I am quite a bit older than you are and find this VERY confusing. Each one of the buttons can do so much I suppose it has to be. I very much appreciate your help. Thanks!
FC Controllers on the right.

Back
Top Bottom