Please help me decide buy or not to buy Axe FX ii

Just to figure out revamping in cubase via SPdif I had a go ....
Just used my 5153 preset with own hammer IR.
Then I played something reasonably similar (but i'm in open C at the moment) on my PRS

In such a rush for the toilet i can't even spell reamp, multiple times.....

PRS sounds really better. Thanks harry.

Are you getting a really good deal? Why aren't you going for a new Axe-FX III?

1350$ in Russia for Axe FX II(not XL). AX Fx iii cost 3600$ here.

PRS sounds really better. Thanks harry.

That’s what the tone was made for so just slapping it on your guitar was always going to sound less optimised.
Quite surprised at how dark your guitar is in comparison, or how bright my PRS is.
I find it hard to get definition in your kind of tunings. I think you have to really use minimal gain and nice bright IRs/tones

1350$ in Russia for Axe FX II(not XL). AX Fx iii cost 3600$ here.

I would just get the Axe FX II. Just because it's no longer the flagship model of Fractal doesn't mean it's obsolete. I have an Axe FX 2 Mark II and I can get some incredible, professional modern metal tones out of it very easily. I have had it for 3 years now and have no desire to upgrade. The price of the Axe FX 3 is not going to down for at least 2 years, especially if you're having it delivered to Russia.

Just make sure that before you do anything with it to update to the latest firmware, install the factory presets and put all the setting back to factory default. Then read the manual about how to set it up. Then watch all of Chris's, Cooper's and others videos on YouTube about how to properly go about creating presets. This will save you the inevitable "I can't get a good tone this thing sux" thread.

And do like the guy above set and invest in proper FRFR monitors/wedges. You actually do get what you pay for here - to be more precise you screw yourself trying to go cheap in this area.

Are you getting a really good deal? Why aren't you going for a new Axe-FX III?

Agreed, invest in good speakers! Dont make the mistake I did, however it was rectified... kind of. :D

Back
Top Bottom