Please Help! I only have output with bypass engaged

Brick_top

Power User
My axe-fx suddenly only outputs sound with the front panel bypass engaged

I have a show this saturday! I'm really scared!!

my axe-fx is working as allways now

Last edited:
I don't have the Axe in front of me, but if this happens across all presets, I would suggest checking the Global settings? :)

Sorry, my bad. I ment the I/O settings. The Global settings have a global gain control, but that alone shouldn't be able to remove your sound altogether :)

Ok, something really weird happened. I had disconnected the axe and connected again. at the second connection I have sound again

Problem is I know all the connections were right otherwise I would not have sound with bypass pressed.

Don't know what to think of this

Problem is I know all the connections were right otherwise I would not have sound with bypass pressed.

Don't know what to think of this

Temporary software bug, cosmic rays, who knows :) Stuff like this just happens with everything once in a while. As long as it's not recurring, I wouldn't worry :D

So to sum it all up

1 - with front panel bypass engaged I had sound (the bypass sound)
2 - with it disengaged I had my normal presets sound but with EXTREMELLY low output, This happened on all outputs including the phones I had to max it out to hear some sound

any ideia?

My axe is now working as it should

but I'm trying to understand what happened.

I did a system reset but that didn't solve the problem!

Hmwell, from a software point of view there's a ton of things that could glitch up, very hard to pinpoint. As far as I know, a system reset will reset some specific parameters in the Axe, but it won't reinitialize the software in the same way that a reboot of the Axe does. Most likely a specific variable controlling the output volume became corrupted (could be a number of reasons for this), but reloaded properly again once the Axe was rebooted.

Back
Top Bottom