Please help! I can't load user cabs :(

viceboy

Hi guys I recently got an axe fx standard and I love it! The problem is that I do NOT love the default impulse responses. I spent days and weeks trying to find ones that I liked and sounded like the Catharsis Fredman ones (They work miraculously with my mixes). So, I bought some of the redwirez ones that people have been raving about and tried to load it into my axe fx and it says "This is the wrong asset type for this model config" or something. Are the redwirez impulses only for axe fx 2? I even made my own IR's from some existing wav files for the fredman impulses but it says the same thing.

I am beginning to have extreme rage over this because I litterally cannot use my axe fx for recording since all my mixes are mixed around the impulses that I like. Can somebody please tell me what is going wrong or can somebody send me an impulse that is 100% confirmed to work with axe fx standard? I am beginning to think something is wrong with my axe fx. Also I have axe edit installed and my midi is working and all that beautifully. Is there a different program I should use to load the cabs? I would really greatly appreciate help because I bought the axe fx knowing that I should be able to use my favorite cabs.

So if someone can send me a confirmed working impulse sysex file or walk me through the best way to load impulses I will be eternally grateful for your help.

There is a couple of cabs on the official Axe-Change website which should be ok:-

The best version of Axe-edit to use with the Axe-Fx Standard is version 1.0.191.

I've tried all those cabs and none of them will load for me. I am using firmware 11.00 and axe edit 1.0.191

Is there anything special I need to enable or disable? I need someone to walk me through the process step by step.

I haven't sent a cab to my Axe-Fx Standard for a long while, (I use Windows 7 and M-Audio Midisport 2x2 anniversary), but I seem to remember the basics were:-

1. In Axe-Edit, make sure that in the "Settings->Application Settings->Workspace" that the default configuration is set to "Standard".
2. Check that Axe-Edit Midi settings for Midi In and Midi Out are ok, (In my case Midisport 2x2 In A, and Midisport 2x2 Out A respectively).
2. Connect Midi Out A of Midisport to Midi In on Axe-Fx.
3. Connect Midi In A of Midisport to Midi Out on Axe-Fx, the use the "Test Connection" option in Axe Edit "Audio/Midi settings" and make sure they are talking correctly. (I assume you have done the equivalent to this ok).
4. From Axe-Edit, open "Axe Manage", and then select the "User Cabs".
5. Right click on one of the 10 slots, select "Import Cab" and browse to the cab *.syx cab file you want on your PC and import it into Axe-Manage.
6. Right Click on the now imported cab in Axe-Manage and select "Send to Axe-Fx->Selected Cabs"

Axe manage should then send the selected cab file to your Axe-Fx Standard.

Back
Top Bottom