Please help calibrate the fcb1010 with AXE FX 2.

handbones

Hello people. .I've read and watched the videos 100x's .I just cannot figure out PP mode..I need to calibrate my pedals...can someone please walk me through these steps.?
Please ! Thank you .....Keith

Hey there
If you have assigned the 2 pedals to the axe fx as midi ext1 and ext2, you can calibrate them in the axe fx itself. No need to calibrate in the Fcb1010. Actually, if the fcb is poorly working, you can set the reader "redlight" closer to the pedalstrip manually. But first calibrate on the axefx itself as pedal1 and pedal2 (continueus)

Good luck
Cheers

Hey there
You mean you have seen this video right?
If so, you still need to calibrate on the axefx too

I appreciate the help...I'm stuck on assignment...I don't know how to assign the pedals to midi..on the axe fx 2...

Your allmost there.

The expression pedal has a CC: number in the axefx... you can assign this number to the FCB like this:

Setup the Expression Pedals
  1. Expression pedal configuration (Ea & Eb)
    1. Display should now read "Ea" (for Expression pedal A)
      1. Press pedal 5 to continue.
    2. Display should show "CC" for MIDI Continuous Controller number.
      1. Use the UP/DOWN pedals to select the CC number (0-127) that will be sent when that Expression Pedal is used
      2. Press pedal 5 to lock in that selection
    3. Repeat from 3.a.i for "Eb" (for Expression pedal B)
Now you are ready to rock... right?

Goodluck

Cheers

I'm sorry..I'm not really understanding this step... I read this and I don't really understand it..I wish I could see you do it....lol..I'm trying..thank you for your time..I don't know WHERE in the axe fx to go to match to the pedal...I tried those steps and p1 ty CC but I have no idea of what I did.....lol..I figured out the rest of the fcb board with help..but this is killing me bro...thank you again...

I think my only helpfull tip can be for you to use Axe-edit for assigning the ext1 and ext2 to a wah/pitch/delay/volume block etc. , so you can use the pedal(s) as you prefer in each preset.

Good luck on that, it is basic usage/assignment of functions of your Axe modeler. It is well documented by fractal audio so your covered.

Cheers

Last edited:
I think my only helpfull tip can be for you to use Axe-edit for assigning the exp1 and exp2 to a wah/pitch/delay/volume block etc. , so you can use the pedal(s) as you prefer in each preset.

Good luck on that, it is basic usage/assignment of functions of your Axe modeler. It is well documented by fractal audio so your covered.

Cheers
Thank you Dave...please don't give up on me..I'm sure I'll get it...thanks man😁

I am only using one cable also.....should of told u that...Once I'm in the axe fx 2, where do I go to calibrate the pedals.?..thank you..

Is that the right place to ad my pedal??....just a pic of my rig .....thank you for the help..

Attachments

• 16190063805257480582360459583412.jpg
    16190063805257480582360459583412.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20210421_074932.jpg
    20210421_074932.jpg
    700.5 KB · Views: 6
Ah i see.

You need to add a wah block and assign it to ext1 or 2. Now you only have a volume block. If the volume block is working, just replicate this with a wah block

Cheers

Last edited:
I'm still having problems calibrating the pedals in the axe fx2...I did the calibrations on the fcb1010..but there is still very low volume when it's turned down all the way....

Back
Top Bottom