Please Critique My Mix! (GGD + Darkglass B7K + Schecter KM-7)

sfox

Hey guys,

Looking for some of your solid advice on a mix. Just a brief 40 second clip; trying to keep things short and sweet. Any and all advice/comments/tips are welcome. My goal is improvement, so please be as critical as you feel is needed! (tone, mix as a whole, individual instruments, anything really)

Equipment used:

Schecter KM-7 MK ii
BKP Juggernaut (Set)
Axe-Fx II (Q.9)
GGD (v.1)
Reaper

Thanks in advance for your time!

-Cheers

Last edited:
It does not really sound like them but after the first note I thought, Voivod, for some reason.
I liked the sound and tune but what sounded rather odd was so much guitar coming from the middle speaker. I'm using a 5.1 setup here.

Your guitar tone sounds really raw and could use some cleaning up on the lowend. Your drums also sound very raw and lack some punch. I actually did a GGD mix tutorial on how I set up my drums if you want to check it out. Your playing and programming is good, tones just seem very raw and unpolished.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Marrafat, I will look into that middle speaker situation; it is certainly odd considering I panned all guitars 100% left and 100% right, respectively. Lucas, I will definitely check out your GGD mixing tutorial. Still learning about how everything sits in a mix, so any information will be helpful at this point.

Remember to record different takes for L and R. If you use the same take it's the same as panning the track center. It sounds to me like mono center guitars as well. Honestly I felt like with the new GGD I didn't even have to do anything else except volume balance. This is the sound I got from it with my Axe-Fx III.

Remember to record different takes for L and R. If you use the same take it's the same as panning the track center. It sounds to me like mono center guitars as well. Honestly I felt like with the new GGD I didn't even have to do anything else except volume balance. This is the sound I got from it with my Axe-Fx III.

Yes, I heard your clip the other day. Great work! I will work on these changes. Thanks for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom