Please create a re-amping discussion group!

Alarto

Inspired
Hi there,

- please create a re-amping discussion group
- post a couple of lectures of re-amping with known DAWs
- members: send your direct guitar signal and let others to re-amp it (+ your preset and recording)
- ask your question and let the forum help you with your sound problems better than ever!

I would like it!!!!

t. I

neat idea. i've never re-amped. did you want the group to focus on the USB re-amping with the axe only? or using other gear too?

Reactions: JT2
I have recorded my guitar signal for reamping via the Axe FX USB feature. But here's my issue: I have certain effects connected before the axe fx. So, while I can capture a reamp track if I do not use those items, I certainly prefer to be able to run my reamp track through my entire signal chain (all the gear before the axe too).

What type of magical box would I need, so that I can come out of my Macbook Pro via USB or firewire, and turn that back into analog, so I can go 1/4" into the input of my system (which is a GCX auditor loop switcher unit)?

Thanks!

Let's focus on the USB re-ambing discussion with AFX and share our direct & processed tones and presets with each other. Somehow I think that our direct guitar signal actually answers many questions presented in this forum... Let's find our inner producers from our selves :)

rodzimguitar68: I'm a Mac-user as well. Apogee Duet has never let me down, check it out!

Well technically it wouldn't matter too much how the re-amping is done so long as the original dry take was done with USB or AES/SPDIF because the levels will be the same throughout. I don't use the USB on the II for anything other than AE or FractalBot.

But I do think that it's a great idea.

I have recorded my guitar signal for reamping via the Axe FX USB feature. But here's my issue: I have certain effects connected before the axe fx. So, while I can capture a reamp track if I do not use those items, I certainly prefer to be able to run my reamp track through my entire signal chain (all the gear before the axe too).

What type of magical box would I need, so that I can come out of my Macbook Pro via USB or firewire, and turn that back into analog, so I can go 1/4" into the input of my system (which is a GCX auditor loop switcher unit)?

Thanks!
This will do what your looking for:
Radial ProRMP

This is actually a great idea. Especially the DI-trading. This could be accompanied with a future update to Axe-Edit where your able to load in WAV-files directly into the program instead of having to open your DAW!

I would like to try re-amping. Can someone direct me to a straight-forward tutorial about this?
I can't wrap my head around the way it's explained in the manual.
I am setup via SPDIF but I'm not sure of the most efficient way to do this.
BTW, i fully understand the concept of re-amping, its more question of how to patch my setup.

Back
Top Bottom