Please consider adding this Forum App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan Allard

Power User
I do miss the old times when we could access the forum with the old forum apps. I know they weren't really fantastic and it put an add up on the page and everything that was annoying and one of the reason it eventually got canned.

And I just got a notification email for this: https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/forum-apps which is an app you can customize to work directly with a specific XenForo forum - like this forum. The app would then be dedicated to only this forum and by the looks of it would use customizable logos and everything and only related to the Fractal Forum.

I think it would be a great addition and make it easier for us forum addicts to stay even more connected. What do you think? Good idea?

You can turn off the ads if you want. If you run another type of forum that you'd like to monetize with ads, that's obviously where that "feature" comes in. The deliver ads to those that have ad blockers installed would hold true for any app on your mobile device. You can't adblock your way out of ads in any app, only stuff on the web. That is not a sign of shady behaviour.

Hi I'm the owner of ForumApps. I think there has been a confusion in communicating the ads features.
Ads are shown only if you want to add them to your community. If you would like to run the app without any ads, you are free to do so.
I hope that clarifies your doubt.

Hi I'm the owner of ForumApps. I think there has been a confusion in communicating the ads features.
Ads are shown only if you want to add them to your community. If you would like to run the app without any ads, you are free to do so.
I hope that clarifies your doubt.

The fact that you found your way here and made an account to post in an attempt to intervene isn't at all suspicious, so..

ivikamm1qt0uqhrwkznhsopaqudfpzl4dxlqh581vlornnv066crdnhkvh6judxr.gif

i feel the interjection about Aayush finding this forum was unwarranted. many developers that we mention on this forum find their way here since we mention their app name - google alerts and simple search shows this forum easily.

thanks for the additional info Aayush. we probably won't be using your integration, but thanks again.

Fixed that for you. :)

With all due respect, I don't see how what gets added or changed on the forum is your call.

As an aside, I'm a co-founder and Admin on an ad-free woodworking forum that runs on vBulletin, and we offer our users Tapatalk for mobile access. Although I don't use it, a number of our users do. (We're not completely happy with vBulletin, so we're looking into replacing it with XenForo.)

As an aside, I'm a co-founder and Admin on an ad-free woodworking forum that runs on vBulletin, and we offer our users Tapatalk for mobile access. Although I don't use it, a number of our users do. (We're not completely happy with vBulletin, so we're looking into replacing it with XenForo.)
You should. vBulletin is a turd.

Thread closed. Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom