Wish Please change or add more toggle options

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
Myself and some others need toggle to show current scene name without it showing up on other switch mini display screens. I don't know if this is a bug but it sure seems like an odd way to have it function. Thanks.

This has been discussed before and it's working as designed.

There's already another wish for this, too.

Edit:

Of course I can't seem to find it :(

This has been discussed before and it's working as designed.

There's already another wish for this, too.

Edit:

Of course I can't seem to find it :(
I can't imagine it being designed like it is. Doesn't make sense.

Myself and some others need toggle to show current scene name without it showing up on other switch mini display screens. I don't know if this is a bug but it sure seems like an odd way to have it function. Thanks.
Sorry, I don't understand your request. Could you explain it again? Thx

Sorry, I don't understand your request. Could you explain it again? Thx
Yes. I have scene 1 on the first footswitch, that's the very left button. I change it to toggle to scene 4 when I press it a second time. The mini display is set to show current scene. If I press the middle footswitch that is set only to engage scene 2 it also makes the the first button to the left that is setup to toggle scene 1 and 4 change it's name to scene 2's name. All I want is scene 1 and 4 to toggle back and fourth on the first footswitch but it won't do that without messing up the other footswitches.

Yes. I have scene 1 on the first footswitch, that's the very left button. I change it to toggle to scene 4 when I press it a second time. The mini display is set to show current scene. If I press the middle footswitch that is set only to engage scene 2 it also makes the the first button to the left that is setup to toggle scene 1 and 4 change it's name to scene 2's name. All I want is scene 1 and 4 to toggle back and fourth on the first footswitch but it won't do that without messing up the other footswitches.

footswitch 1 -> toggle scenes 1<>4
footswitch 2 -> select scene 2

if you press fs2, you go to scene 4, and you get the name of scene 2 in the fs1 and fs2.

If you press fs1 after, you go to 1 and 4, that's not a problem. Is it correct?

The problem is aestethical, because you have the name of scene 2 in the fs1 and fs2 after pressing fs2. Is it correct?

I understand completely.

Read the the threads.

The label option is "current scene". There's only one current scene. Therefore any switch with that label option shows the current scene.

Yes, current scene must show the current scene, and it's only one. I agree with you, and this should be the normal behaviour.

Anyway, the request of @REDD have a lot of sense in his configuration.

Adding an "exception" field could help to manage all these cases, with some options like:
-Show always current scene (normal behaviour)
-Show only toggled scenes (it would force the display to show the name of the current scene ONLY if it's one of the toggled scenes in the footswitch)

In the editor could look like this:

togggle scenes.png

footswitch 1 -> toggle scenes 1<>4
footswitch 2 -> select scene 2

if you press fs2, you go to scene 4, and you get the name of scene 2 in the fs1 and fs2.

If you press fs1 after, you go to 1 and 4, that's not a problem. Is it correct?

The problem is aestethical, because you have the name of scene 2 in the fs1 and fs2 after pressing fs2. Is it correct?
Yes, that's it.

Yes, current scene must show the current scene, and it's only one. I agree with you, and this should be the normal behaviour.

Adding an "exception" field could help to manage all these cases, with some options like:
-Show only toggled scenes (it would force the display to show the name of the current scene ONLY if it's one of the toggled scenes in the footswitch)

View attachment 84288
Yes, that would be great! Cool!

View attachment 84288
I appreciate you taking the time to do this and your understanding of the matter, thank you.

I think it's a bug actually. There was a miscommunication/misunderstanding between me and @BryantP

When I defined "Current Scene" what I meant was exactly what @REDD and @jordikt are expecting.
@BryantP did the right thing, but I was too ambiguous in my spec. I'll see about having this fixed.

I think the correct language for "Destination" and "Current" should have been "TOGGLE TO" "TOGGLE FROM"
What I will do, however, is leave DESTINATION and CURRENT as they are and just add the TOGGLE FROM mini-display option to provided the key behavior that's missing.

This affects not only scenes but other Toggle categories as well.

Last edited:
I think it's a bug actually. There was a miscommunication/misunderstanding between me and @BryantP
When I defined "Current Scene" what I meant was exactly what @REDD and @jordikt are expecting.
@BryantP did the right thing, but I was too ambiguous in my spec. I'll see about having this fixed.

I think the correct language for "Destination" and "Current" should be "TOGGLE TO" "TOGGLE FROM"
That would be awesome! Thanks! Is there any way to toggle a scene and a utility like the tuner on one switch also?

I think the correct language for "Destination" and "Current" should have been "TOGGLE TO" "TOGGLE FROM"
What I will do, however, is leave DESTINATION and CURRENT as they are and just add the TOGGLE FROM mini-display option to provided the key behavior that's missing.

I find TOGGLE TO and TOGGLE FROM very comprehensible terms 👍

There is a similar problem (current/destination name in display) with the "Channel Inc/Dec" in the "Effects" category.
Now it's impossible to see the current channel in the display when changing channels up/down.
There is only the option of showing the destination name, not the current name. Explained here:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/long-name-channel-for-effects-channel-inc-dec.171943/

Will the update for this make it into FM3 5.0 firmware?

Back
Top Bottom