Pleasantly Surprised.....

EG 2006

Inspired
I am new to world of Fractal having only jumped on board with a new 2XL+ back in January 18. Before I delved into this world of Fractal audio I was most sceptical about the capacity of the unit to respond to and accurately depict different pickups and the nuances of different guitars. Having now spent many hours playing, tweaking amps and A/B'ing different guitars and pickups I am quite simply blown away!

The XL2+ responds to different pickups and guitars as well as any valve amp I have owned (and there have been a lot!) and I am now inspired more than ever to try different guitar setups and electronics. The transparency is off the charts. Any doubts I had about a digital sameness have vanished and I am more motivated to try different pickups and buy more guitars than ever - oh no, amp and pedal GAS has been replaced by guitar and pickup GAS!!!!!!

Thank you Fractal for the most remarkable guitar tool I have owned in 30 years.

You are not the first person to have this reaction to an Axe-FX II. I kind of wandered in blindly myself, and every time I turn the thing on it still knocks me back on my heels at how GOOD it works. This ain't your Line Sux or a Brokestar, this is the real deal. Tonight I was playing with the Dumble and Trainwreck models and loving them.

Oddly enough, though, it's rekindled my love affair with my Mesa amps, too. It's just revitalized my interest in playing the guitar and how can that be a bad thing?

Welcome aboard! Amazing isnt it.
You must have been happy (!!) about the Axe FX III announcement a few weeks after getting your unit.
Great to see another Aussie here.
Thanks
Pauly

Welcome aboard! Amazing isnt it.
You must have been happy (!!) about the Axe FX III announcement a few weeks after getting your unit.
Great to see another Aussie here.
Thanks
Pauly
Cheers Pauly. You know at the time I felt like I should be feeling pretty unlucky but looking back, I couldn't care less. If I had decided to hold off until I can get a 3, I'd still be waiting!!! I'm a hopelessly impatient consumer so I'm over the moon to be almost 3 months into the journey. I've learnt so much in that time and have already benefited from all the years the 2XL+ has been developed and tweaked - I've had no bugs, just killer tones and I'm a very happy camper :)

@Ethereal Guitars welcome to the forum, and the Fractal experience. You’ll find both are the best out there! There are a lot of folks here, myself included, that came here from tube amps believing that sound couldn’t be matched, or bettered. Of course, we found out the world is bigger than we thought!

@Ethereal Guitars welcome to the forum, and the Fractal experience. You’ll find both are the best out there! There are a lot of folks here, myself included, that came here from tube amps believing that sound couldn’t be matched, or bettered. Of course, we found out the world is bigger than we thought!
Much appreciated Rick, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom