Playing Trilian and Modo Bass via Axe-Fx III

Hitoshi Kato

Inspired
Hello,

I’d like to build up the Axe Fx preset for Trilian and Modo Bass.
Does someone know how to set up?

As you know, Trilian and Modo Bass can be used as standalone applications, and I wonder if I can use them as the input signals for Axe Fx III.
I tried but couldn’t make it.

Thanks a lot for reading this message and I’d appreciate if someone shows me how to do.

Should be doable but totally depends on your setup, routing, computer type and additional interface if applicable.....more info will help.

Should be doable but totally depends on your setup, routing, computer type and additional interface if applicable.....more info will help.
I just use windows laptop which has trilian, modo bass, and Axe Edit.
Also I usually play trilian and modo bass by the external keyboard, not very special one.
For routing, what kind of info should I put here?

Never used Trilian or Modo, but in general getting a signal from the computer onto the grid is simple. Just configure the program to use the Axe FX ASIO output 7/8, which is routed to the "In USB" block. Alternatively you can also use use ASIO out 5/6 and configure one of In1-4 to use that digital signal; to do so, go to Setup -> I/O -> Audio tab, set "Digital Input Source" to USB and set any of "Input 1/2/3/4 Source" to Digital. In both cases, check that your USB levels are set correctly (Setup -> I/O -> USB/AES tab).

If the standalone versions do not allow you to choose an ASIO output, or if you get issues if both programs try to use the same output, just use them as plugins in your DAW and let the DAW handle the routing.

Never used Trilian or Modo, but in general getting a signal from the computer onto the grid is simple. Just configure the program to use the Axe FX ASIO output 7/8, which is routed to the "In USB" block. Alternatively you can also use use ASIO out 5/6 and configure one of In1-4 to use that digital signal; to do so, go to Setup -> I/O -> Audio tab, set "Digital Input Source" to USB and set any of "Input 1/2/3/4 Source" to Digital. In both cases, check that your USB levels are set correctly (Setup -> I/O -> USB/AES tab).

If the standalone versions do not allow you to choose an ASIO output, or if you get issues if both programs try to use the same output, just use them as plugins in your DAW and let the DAW handle the routing.

Can do now, really thanks!!!!!
1609684265660.png

Back
Top Bottom