Playing Bass with Axe-Fx?

With the Axe it's easy to tailor your bass sound to be whatever you want. I'm pretty sure my presets will work in standard, but if they're too cpu intensive, just remove the chorus, delay or reverb if you're not going to use any one of them and replace it with a shunt.

As far as I've heard, the Eleven Rack is in about the same league with the Digitech GSP-1101. Similar but each with their own deals. I played a Digitech GSP-2101 for 15 years, and it made the 1101 sound like a freakin toy. The Axe is the first unit that was worthy (and way beyond so) to replace my 2101, which should tell you what a disappointment the 1101 was. It just had no warmth or presence at all. From what I've heard, the Eleven Rack has it beat on that front, but the Axe is still way better than the Eleven Rack...so there ya go. I think you'll really dig the bass tones you can get with the Axe.

If you use my patches to record anything let me know. I'd love to hear it. :)

I sold all my backups. I had 4 backups at one point. I had three left when I went to buy the Axe, so I sold them all and just kept my main 2101, which has a PPC-210 upgrade. The Axe can do massive amounts of stuff, but the 2101 still has its own distinct sound and I have some patches on it I really like. Plus, I'm really attached to it after having used it for the last 15 years. :)

Depends on condition. My really great, almost like new condition ones I got around $355 for. None of the backups had the PPC-210 either. A PPC-210 would bring it up to about $450 or $500. I had one that was in good condition but the lettering was worn on several of the buttons. They were still readable, but they were worn from use by whoever had it before me, so I only sold that one for about $265. Roll about 30-35 shipping into whatever you charge and list it with free shipping if you stick it on Ebay. Shipping costs will vary depending on where it goes, but adding in $30 will cover shipping to most anywhere in the US.

Back
Top Bottom