playing backtracks live through AXE FX-II without computer

I don't have a legit laptop at the moment (plan to get one in the future) and have backing tracks that my band I have have been working on that I would like to practice live at an open mic night. At home on my desktop computer, I run the USB cable to my computer and can play backtracks fine using any file format.

This may seem like an odd question but does anyone know if I can play mp3 files from my phone using the 1/8" output and aux cord with converter to 1/4" using the axe?

Yep. You'll need a Y-splitter cable that goes from stereo 1/8" TRS plug to dual mono 1/4" TS plugs for the separate left and right inputs for Input 2 on the back of the Axe. Set Input 2 mode to Stereo in the I/O menu and adjust the input level for input 2 if needed to avoid clipping. For all presets you want to play along with, put an FX Loop block on a separate line at the end of the grid and connect only it's output directly to the grid output block. That will mix your phone's audio in at the very end of the grid signal chain and it won't get affected by any of the other grid blocks.

Yep. You'll need a Y-splitter cable that goes from stereo 1/8" TRS plug to dual mono 1/4" TS plugs for the separate left and right inputs for Input 2 on the back of the Axe. Set Input 2 mode to Stereo in the I/O menu and adjust the input level for input 2 if needed to avoid clipping. For all presets you want to play along with, put an FX Loop block on a separate line at the end of the grid and connect only it's output directly to the grid output block. That will mix your phone's audio in at the very end of the grid signal chain and it won't get affected by any of the other grid blocks.

Thanks for the info, i'll give this a shot!

This. Exactly how I used to do it, but now running iTunes (and AxeEdit) on a laptop. Works perfectly!

+1

I have a preset set up like this for rehearsals with my covers bands.
This lets us quickly check the original song on my phone, when we don't agree about the arrangement. ;-)

The music will be heard through OUT 1.

If you want to route the music to OUT 2, put FXL between FEEDBACK SEND and FEEDBACK RETURN. And turn up the OUT 2 knob on the front panel.

This. Exactly how I used to do it, but now running iTunes (and AxeEdit) on a laptop. Works perfectly!

Am I correct that this setup with laptop connected to AXE-FX II via USB would allow you to play songs (or backing tracks) from iTunes and play your guitar and have both sources play out of the monitors at the same time?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Chizzy

Am I correct that this setup with laptop connected to AXE-FX II via USB would allow you to play songs (or backing tracks) from iTunes and play your guitar and have both sources play out of the monitors at the same time?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Chizzy

Yes

I don't have a legit laptop at the moment (plan to get one in the future) and have backing tracks that my band I have have been working on that I would like to practice live at an open mic night. At home on my desktop computer, I run the USB cable to my computer and can play backtracks fine using any file format.

This may seem like an odd question but does anyone know if I can play mp3 files from my phone using the 1/8" output and aux cord with converter to 1/4" using the axe?

I load backing tracks to my stereo looper and pass the track into the Axe via FX Block.

Back
Top Bottom