Playing an MP3 over Axe-Fx III

Chris65

Hello,
we are a PopJazz Trio(voice,guitar,bass) and we want to play a drumloop in a live situation.
Isit possible to play an mp3 over the fxIII and adjust the volume with a volume pedal ?
I´m using for my guitar only one VP in pedal input one. Pedal input two is free.

Thanks, Chris

Actually I'm interested in doing this, but for a different reason.
We have been playing an ipod through our desk/PA for background music during set breaks. However the Aux in on our desk isn't that great, because there is no EQ on it, and we tend to have it set low in volume, so due to the typical FM curve issues, it sounds pretty thin.
There are no spare channels on the desk, and anyway I want to avoid collapsing it to mono. I was thinking of putting the ipod though my Axe-Fx instead with a designated 'ipod preset' that has an EQ block in it, so we can fine-tune it for low-ish volume. Anyone else tried this?

You need to get the MP3 audio into the Axe, so you're going to need an adapter(s) of some sort, depending on what output options the iPad has. Some of the iPads have headphone outs, some you need a lightning to headphone (or other output) adapter. Once you get it into the Axe, set up the signal chain similar to what you do with your guitar (sans effects....)...Input > Volume Pedal > Output. You can run it out of it's own output, or you can mix it back into the same output you're using with your guitar. If you mix it back into the guitar signal chain, make sure you do it *after* any guitar processing. If you have the mixer channels available (I assume you're running the MP3 through the Axe specifically to have foot control over the MP3 volume, and not because you're out of mixer channels....), I'd run the MP3 signal on a separate output from your guitar.

Just FYI:

The III also allows a direct connection between iPad (Lightning) and III (USB), using the correct cable.
In that case the iPad's sound goes directly to Output 1, without entering the grid. Meaning that you cannot control its signal with a Volume pedal.

Just FYI:

The III also allows a direct connection between iPad (Lightning) and III (USB), using the correct cable.
In that case the iPad's sound goes directly to Output 1, without entering the grid. Meaning that you cannot control its signal with a Volume pedal.
But you can control the usb input volume.

I don't think that global parameters are modifiable. And I can only imagine limited use for it, and possible cause of confusion...

Back
Top Bottom