Played at a wedding with a real amp.

strat714

Experienced
I played at a wedding over the weekend and didn't bring my whole rig. Just a Les Paul, a tuner, and a Twin Reverb. I only played one song to accompany a vocalist so I didn't need bells and whistles. It sounded fine, but I really missed my sparkling clean sound preset that I use with my Fractal Axe FXII. There have been lots of "played a real amp for the first time in so long and really loved it" posts that I thought I'd share the other side.

I still love my Bogners, but every now and then when I bring Em out, I always miss my Ac30, tweed and lead preset (Lonestar). Having such a variety of tones and sounds under one good is something no tube amp can match.

My tube heard has thinned considerably. At every junction I was able to get the Axe to do what the amp was doing so convincingly that I couldn't justify keeping both. The only one I have left is a modded Epi Valve Junior. I don't particularly want my Axe-FX to try and cop that tone...

I picked up a J Rockett Led Boots pedal recently and love how it sounds/reacts into my various BF Fender amps.. has me playing them a little more lately, although it's far from the versatility of the Axe. But I like that limitation sometimes.. helps me focus.

Back
Top Bottom