Play through with the Recto 1 Red

Axe-Master
Here's my latest play through from my band Ragdoll. I used a Mesa Roadster and a vintage Marshall JMP to track the original parts on the recording and managed to get really close with the Recto 1Red model and a 57/121 V30 IR from the Bipolar Cab Pack.

I used Cliff's suggestion of raising the Preamp CF hardness to get more of the characteristic Rectifier sizzle and it really helps the guitars cut in a dense mix.

Sounds awesome. Can you share the preset and tell me which specific cab you used from the pack? I’d love to try that out.

Here's my latest play through from my band Ragdoll. I used a Mesa Roadster and a vintage Marshall JMP to track the original parts on the recording and managed to get really close with the Recto 1Red model and a 57/121 V30 IR from the Bipolar Cab Pack.

I used Cliff's suggestion of raising the Preamp CF hardness to get more of the characteristic Rectifier sizzle and it really helps the guitars cut in a dense mix.

Yeah awesome work man!
The exotic vibe of the verse instantly reminded me of Audioslave's Gasoline, but the comparisons ends here, when Ryan screams "I'm crying" (0:52) the theme takes off like a skyrocket, you have a great singer on the team!

Last edited:
I loved this from start to finish. Excellent tune and great guitar parts. Very creative. Would be interested in an album it's right up my street.

I don't have the YA cab pack (yet) so I subbed in F174 and F172. Having so much fun with it! Thanks Leon.

Yeah awesome work man!
The exotic vibe of the verse instantly reminded me of Audioslave's Gasoline, but the comparisons ends here, when Ryan screams "I'm crying" (0:52) the theme takes off like a skyrocket, you have a great singer on the team!

Yeah he's ridiculous, I'm so lucky to work with a guy with pipes like that.

I loved this from start to finish. Excellent tune and great guitar parts. Very creative. Would be interested in an album it's right up my street.

The rest of the album (Back to Zero) is on iTunes/Spotify/Youtube/Bandcamp if you're keen to check it out :)

I don't have the YA cab pack (yet) so I subbed in F174 and F172. Having so much fun with it! Thanks Leon.

Good IR choices, glad that you're digging it!

Great song,great guitar sound and on top of that,the vocal guy is just ...stellar...! love the solo guitar !

Great song,great guitar sound and on top of that,the vocal guy is just ...stellar...! love the solo guitar !
It's a real privilege to play in a band with someone who can do that with their voice. Stoked you like the song too :)

Scrumptious! Great song..........great playing...........great tone. You're at the top of the food chain.

Cheers, much appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom