Play over a big synth drone - good for intros

simeon

Axe-Master
Axe-Change - Download Preset - The Big Intro - by simeon

Just a bit of fun. Attach your external cc pedal to the volume block and then you fade in a huge synth drone which you can play over with a nice plexi lead sound. i've also dialled in "Y" alternatives for the delay and reverb, so you can play with a useful sound after fading the synth down. turn off the drive block for a more sensible rhythm tone.

quick clip...

just fancied knocking out a quick patch for my bros :)

i'll have some time over the next few weeks to come up with some new stuff and hopefully do a video or two...

Last edited:
Great Simeon !!
Thank You for sharing this little gems and spending your time with your Axefellows :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I haven't downloaded the preset yet, but is it possible to choose/change the drone tone/chord?

Thanks anyway!

yes. it's set to E at the moment (just octaves). if you want to change the notes, just use this chart - Frequencies of Musical Notes

you can dial up any drone/chord you like

if you want to get clever, why not attach a cc pedal to the frequency params in the synth blocks, so you can change between two chords on the fly. :)

That's awesome Simeon- thanks..
I don't tend to try all that many presets from other folks but I've gained a lot from yours over time. Always something interesting.

awesome! Simeon, maybe you can help me with a request i posted sometime ago about recreating the intro synth sounds to The Strokes song "Chances" I would think two synth blocks used with modifiers linked to frequency and controlled by my expression pedal may accomplish this but am a noob with the synth blocks. If you or anyone else knows how to achieve the sound on this intro, I"d be grateful!

Look at Clarky's presets to find what you are looking for.
Couldn't find anything :fatigue:
But I doubt he was able to reprogram the axe-FX ;)
After all, that was what I was asking for.
Instead of having to input 41.2Hz you select E1.
I tried attaching a modifier to it so I could send CC messages to set the notes.
But there are a few problems:
1. There's no way you can input exact numbers in AE - perhaps this will be fixed in a later version of AE
2. You can't set the numbers with the dial in the Axe-Fx either
3. You have to set the minimum and maximum value for the frequency and then figure out what CC value corresponds with a certain note

To me, the obvious solution would be to be able to select a note instead of the frequency.
I'll ad a post to the Wish section :)

I just wish we could input notes instead of frequencies and attach a CC to it.

what do you want to accomplish? i might be able to help

edit - just read your post above!

i see what you're after. i've done this before, when i created a Moog Taurus emulation which i could play with my feet. yes, it's tricky to work out the cc values, but it can be done. let me see if i can find that old patch and see how i did it

Last edited:
Good morning Simeon my friend.
Thanks again for a very nice preset.
You're brilliant with this stuff :encouragement:

I just posted a wish in the Axe-FX II wishlist section.

cool

the taurus patch i made was for the ultra, so no joy there. i actually programmed my footswitch to send out different values of a particular cc number that was attached to frequency, if i remember rightly, which allowed me to play notes with my feet. i've come across the same problems as you have with axe edit not being able to take exact values in the parameter linking window, so i hope they fix that and i also think it would be great idea to be able to choose between frequency values and note values, as you suggest.

btw - you can attach a modifier to the "shift" parameter, which will give you discrete semitones up or down from whichever note is selected via the frequency parameter

Back
Top Bottom