plates for custom wiring?

Thank you. Much easier/quicker to setup, especially at home.
This is the back of my rack. It takes less than sixty seconds to make my connections. The upper panel has the antennae for my guitar and IEM wireless systems. On the lower panel I have 2 XLR outs for FOH, 2 XLR outs for backline, one USB, one FASLINK, and a pair of PowerCon connectors. The blue PowerCon is for power into the rack, and the white PowerCon provides power out to my XiTone wedge onstage. At gigs, I plug in two power cables, and two XLR cables (XiTone and FasLink) and then the two XLR outs for FOH. The latter two cables are provided by the venue sound system, so I only need to bring four cables on stage to set up. I carry some backup cables (including a 1/4" guitar cable) in a stage box, because I'm a paranoid nerd, but I almost never need them. The only difference at home is that I plug in the USB cable to use AxeEdit, and I have a pair of XLR connections to my audio interface.

The other handy part of this setup is that no cables or connectors are proprietary or special. Mic cables are everywhere, and so are PowerCon cables. In the event that a PowerCon ever becomes problematic, you can field strip them and reterminate the connectors using nothing more than a screwdriver and a utility knife.

Attachments

• Rack.jpg
    Rack.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 44
This is the back of my rack. It takes less than sixty seconds to make my connections.
Mine is in front... Don't even take the back cover off my rack! :)

Much better access and lighting in the front, too.

But either way it's a very handy thing!

I bought a pre-punched rack panel and all of the other supplies; connectors and plate jacks; for my patch bay from Redco.com. https://www.redco.com/1U-Pre-punched-XLR-Rack-Panels/ . Very competitive prices and good selection of parts. Everything; plate, jacks, connectors and screws, including shipping for this one was right at $100.00. View attachment 83123
That looks great, exactly what I'm looking for, and the price is great. I was able to find everything except the panel mount male and female XLR's and the USB panel mount jack. Were they from Redco, too?

Back
Top Bottom