Planning to get a Suhr 7 string guitar made.

the trick is to buy from a dealer who preorders the guitars to effectively save a spot in the line. when you decide to purchase, they can make a change to the order to get you the guitar you want without the 9 month wait. i just started talking to my dealer about a month ago and i should have it in september
Mine would take probably 6 months. Well it's a totally custom guitar,so it couldn't have been pre ordered I suppose.
I ordered with Matt's Music Center.

I don't think I'll ever play a Suhr. Aside from the fact that I'm a lefty, I'm afraid once I play one I'll hate all my guitars :D

WAIT 2011 you mean a year!!!!! WOW!!!! That's looooooooooooooooooooong!

Yeah 15 months was a hell of a wait.
It was due for delivery to me last september but Suhr moved factory which buggered things up a bit and then it was finally done they noticed a small crack in the neck and had to restart.
I'm not complaining though as all concerned in Suhr couldn't have been more helpful and it is so worth the wait.
So I've this beautiful guitar and firmware 7 sat in front of me but am under both doctor and physios orders not to use my left arm for a month!!!

I don't think I'll ever play a Suhr. Aside from the fact that I'm a lefty, I'm afraid once I play one I'll hate all my guitars :D
That is why nature has busted up my favorite guitar and it is costing me 3 times more to get it repaired,which is the same money i spending on this 7 string and maybe after some years getting my old guitar repaired :D. But well if you get them to make you a left handed guitar,you might just play that all the time.

Two Guitar companies I know that would make you hate playing other guitars are Suhr and the other is Rash.Beautiful Italian Wood is used on those guitars. It still shocks me how Marco Sfogli ended his endorsement with Rash Guitars and went with an Ibanez RG Premium because he was getting more clinics and gigs that way,cause Ibanez has a name. But you know still to compromise quality is quiet a big sacrifice. Those Rash guitars display phenomenal craftsmanship,sound,and quality.

Yeah 15 months was a hell of a wait.
It was due for delivery to me last september but Suhr moved factory which buggered things up a bit and then it was finally done they noticed a small crack in the neck and had to restart.
I'm not complaining though as all concerned in Suhr couldn't have been more helpful and it is so worth the wait.
So I've this beautiful guitar and firmware 7 sat in front of me but am under both doctor and physios orders not to use my left arm for a month!!!
Wow that must have been quiet a ride of patience. Well at least you have the guitar now which is absolutely phenomenal but on a more important,get well soon so that you can enjoy your purchase of the guitar and the new firmware. Shall pray for your speedy recovery my friend :)

A year for a custom is actually about average.
Have you ever played a Suhr 7? it's a big chunk of change to dish out on a "i hope I love it" type of quest.
Ialmost bought a Tom Anderson 7 blind and lucky for me someone walked into the Axe Palace with one and I got to play it.
Hated it. I must've played about 7 BRJ 7's before I finally ordered mine. Best 7 I've ever played (and I've gone thru a lot of high end 7's)
Unfortunatey BRJ is so far behind on orders that I wouldn't even think about ordering from him again.
what other 7's have you owned that made you pick Suhr?
Oh and I'm not trying to rain on your parade I'm sure it will be a killer guitar , I'm just curious. :)

A year for a custom is actually about average.
Have you ever played a Suhr 7? it's a big chunk of change to dish out on a "i hope I love it" type of quest.
Ialmost bought a Tom Anderson 7 blind and lucky for me someone walked into the Axe Palace with one and I got to play it.
Hated it. I must've played about 7 BRJ 7's before I finally ordered mine. Best 7 I've ever played (and I've gone thru a lot of high end 7's)
Unfortunatey BRJ is so far behind on orders that I wouldn't even think about ordering from him again.
what other 7's have you owned that made you pick Suhr?
Oh and I'm not trying to rain on your parade I'm sure it will be a killer guitar , I'm just curious. :)

I haven't owned but played on various Ernie Ball Musicman Petrucci 7 strings and also a few Ibanez. The reason I went for Suhr was,that I was trying out Suhr guitars in general and absolutely loved the feel. I thought to myself a few years back I need to get one of these. When I heard they started making 7s I instantly thought that was awesome.

I was initially ordering from Strictly 7 but I always wanted a Suhr modern and so I decided to go for the Suhr. Yes Bernie Rico JR makes great guitars and so do Rash Guitars. I think the aspect here is,that this is a guitar with my specs and demands a pre made guitar from a good company even may not be the cup of your tea because it's already made and something might not be there for you. But when you get a guitar made with your own specs and things,then it's a different story. Plus Suhr make quality guitars and their custom guitars are top notch.

The other aspect is that,
When I was in the US I had a chance to try out guitars,now that I am not living there I am unable to try any of the guitars. As I mentioned the feel of a Suhr 6 string was fantastic and I truly believe with the specs that I gave,the Suhr 7 string would be nothing short of awesome.

The other aspect is that,
When I was in the US I had a chance to try out guitars,now that I am not living there I am unable to try any of the guitars. As I mentioned the feel of a Suhr 6 string was fantastic and I truly believe with the specs that I gave,the Suhr 7 string would be nothing short of awesome.

Oh I'm sure it will be killer, I posted becuase I didn't know your background with 7's and I honestly was shocked that I did not like the Anderson 7.
I've never played and Anderson 6 string but I've played many Suhr 6 strings.
Matts Music in Weymouth is about 20 minutes aways from me and I know he always has tons of Suhrs there.
I know he has a couple of 7's right now as well want me to go check them out for you?

Oh I'm sure it will be killer, I posted becuase I didn't know your background with 7's and I honestly was shocked that I did not like the Anderson 7.
I've never played and Anderson 6 string but I've played many Suhr 6 strings.
Matts Music in Weymouth is about 20 minutes aways from me and I know he always has tons of Suhrs there.
I know he has a couple of 7's right now as well want me to go check them out for you?

That's very sweet of you man,It would be fantastic if you can :). The thing is I already have paid 500 dollars non refundable fee for them to start making my guitar but yes I would like to see what your input is on it as well. There are some pretty radical ones in Matt's showroom. The other thing is the quality control that Suhr have,that is just excellent. My primary reason for choosing Suhr was how great it felt when I played the Guthrie Govan model made my Petrucci guitar just seem alright. I mean I love Ernie Ball but Suhr is just on another level :). Thank you in advance for doing this really appreciate it.

No Problem , I'll try to get over there tomorrow afternoon (I've known Matt for quite some time I need to stop by and say Hi anyway)
I hope I don't like them too much, I just recently bought a green dot UV that my wife is still giving me looks for :eek:ops
If I walk in with another 7 I'll be needing a good divorce laywer :lol

No Problem , I'll try to get over there tomorrow afternoon (I've known Matt for quite some time I need to stop by and say Hi anyway)
I hope I don't like them too much, I just recently bought a green dot UV that my wife is still giving me looks for :eek:ops
Thank you so much :) much appreciated! Hahahahha Hey a box of Belgian Chocolates might save you. Trust me those 20 dollar chocolates can take away the anger of spending 3 grands :p :D your wife will be fine with those,Belgian chocolates never fail.

Mine would take probably 6 months. Well it's a totally custom guitar,so it couldn't have been pre ordered I suppose.
I ordered with Matt's Music Center.

i know it would be a custom guitar. that is what they do there. thats why you have to be kinda tricky. what you are really buying is a spot in line. you just have to convince the dealer to change the specs of the guitar they ordered before the build date. i would say eighty percent of the wait is literally waiting and not the actual build process. its crazy how good they are though and i am yet to touch a bad one out of the dozen or so ive seen. i just bought a used classic (srat) and even that eclipses all my other guitars. until my modern i guess i just have to change my playing style because i would rather be playing that guitar

i know it would be a custom guitar. that is what they do there. thats why you have to be kinda tricky. what you are really buying is a spot in line. you just have to convince the dealer to change the specs of the guitar they ordered before the build date. i would say eighty percent of the wait is literally waiting and not the actual build process. its crazy how good they are though and i am yet to touch a bad one out of the dozen or so ive seen. i just bought a used classic (srat) and even that eclipses all my other guitars. until my modern i guess i just have to change my playing style because i would rather be playing that guitar
That's interesting,yea I am sure these guitars are fantastic I don't know how it would feel though when I play one,I know it would be good but how good is something I can't comprehend at this point.

Any updates? Did you get to go and try them out?

I also ordered my Suhr Modern 7 in April with Matt's Music Center..I hope to get it on October..Can't bloody wait any longer ha ha..
What bridge did you go with. Can I do a good amount of dive bombs and things with the Hipshot Hardtail bridge? I heard the Floyd can mess with the intonation and all. Congrats on your purchase.

What bridge did you go with. Can I do a good amount of dive bombs and things with the Hipshot Hardtail bridge? I heard the Floyd can mess with the intonation and all. Congrats on your purchase.

Thanks mate :)
I'm floyd rose guy so nothing else is even considered..I have my Ibanez Universe and love this guitar..I don't get how floyd rose can mess with enything ? I play floyds since many years with no problems at all :)...
jacek

Back
Top Bottom