[Planned] Support for Set Lists?

I really thought the lack of a setlist feature would be an issue for me until i started to actually use my FC6. Ive arranged all my songs (16 at the moment) in the first bank and it is so quick and easy to scroll through using the MLM that i dont even see a need to have them in order (i was convinced that i would need them in order) Ive also set an override that brings up the MLM without the heel and click. The FC6 is an incredible pice of gear.

I should add that im using the default layouts 1 & 2 (presets into scenes). All my song presets have scenes, none have more than 5 so it works perfectly.

I use MIDI mapping function with Morningstar mc6 to program/step through songlist. Kind of a pain but effective none the less. Now if MIDI Mapping feature on AXE 3 was accessible via AXE Edit- things would be excellent. As is its carpal tunnel city having to turn that dial for 30 songs....

My workaround is to create the set list in the AxeFXIII. I have a reserved space my in banks where I copy the appropriate presets, arranging them in whatever order I need. I leave the original instances in a separate bank (arranged in alphabetic order) for simplicity. Been pretty reliable and easy.
Same here, I've been doing it that way since I retired my Triaxis for an Axe FX II. As I have a separate preset for each song this simplifies setup between songs to going to the next preset, and also means I don't need a paper setlist as my FC tells me what song's coming up.

Function switch "Section" Incr and done - this would be a killer feature to eliminate the need to stepdance through views or to memorize scene switches per song.
You can in theory already minimize tap dancing by utilizing per-preset switches with layout links. This is something I thought up back when the FM3 was annouced and I brainstormed ideas for gigging with it without an FC while still having a dedicated tempo+tuner button (so only two free switches). It's somewhat convoluted, definitely won't fit every use case, and I've not tested it in practice yet which means there might be some unforseen issues. But in theory it would allow me to play a whole gig with the FM3 where all scene and preset changes are performed simply by tapping switch 1. The basic idea is as follows:
  • Create a preset per song, and store each sound you need in the song as a scene
  • Make sure the preset loads on the scene you need for the first part of the song
  • Set FC switch 1 to PP1 (per-preset 1) in layout 1, to PP2 in layout 2, and so on
  • Set the PP1 function to select the second scene you need in the song, and also switch to layout 2 via a layout link. Set PP2 to select the third scene you need (which can of course be scene 1 again) and switch to layout 3, and so on.
  • For the last switch you end up on after the final scene change in the song, set the PP function to go to the next preset and switch to layout 1
  • For a gig, store the presets in setlist order
This means you start your gig on the first preset on Layout 1. When you need to change scene you press switch 1. That also changes what switch 1 does, so next time you need to change scenes you simply press switch 1 again... and so on until you've finished the gig.
With the FC12 this is limited to 8 functions per preset for a single switch as we have 8 layouts. With the views feature on the FM3 and FC6 you can have 32 and 16 functions respectively because once you're on view 1 layout 8 you could go to view 2 layout 1 and now switch 1 maps to switch 4 (or 7) and has 8 different functions in all the layouts. In practice the limit is 24 with the FM3 as there are only 24 PP switch definitions, but 24 scene changes per song is more than enough for all the material I'm playing.

Back
Top Bottom