Place to buy strings at discount?

Cainer

Experienced
where do y'all buy your guitar strings? Ages ago I got a decent deal on like 20 sets by buying them all at once and had them delivered. Looking for somewhere online that delivers in the US.

Any deals out there?

http://guitarstringwarehouse.com
Sweetwater
A lot of suppliers have bulk discounts. Gotta look for the brand/make you're looking for and see who has a discount.
I use D'Addario 9.5s. Used to be Guitar String Warehouse had the best deal. Found better from Sweetwater last time I bought.
Also ... ASK for a bulk discount.

Strings and Beyond has deals from time to time. I get their 3 pack of elixirs when they come up.

Agreed. Strings & Beyond is the place for the best price and shipping discounts. #TheDayGuitarCenterDied

https://www.stringsandbeyond.com/ernie-ball-electric-guitar-strings-2721-regular-slinky-10-46.html

Those are my faves Ernie Ball Cobalt Regular Slinkys!

Cheers Gary @Cainer, hope all is well on the tour brother! I'm hoping to come hang in Frankenmuth MI for your August 16th gig my man!

I tend to buy strings 10-20 sets at a time. I know exactly what I'm looking for so I'll search a handful of sites including aggregators like Ebay, Reverb, and Amazon.

I usually buy them on Amazon when I order other stuff. Strings are considered an ‘add on item’, so I add however many packs I need to get the order over the minimum for free shipping. If I’m in town, I’ll buy them at the local guitar shop. Their prices are comparable and they’ll give me a bulk discount on 5 or more packs. I buy EB 10’s.

I tend to buy strings 10-20 sets at a time. I know exactly what I'm looking for so I'll search a handful of sites including aggregators like Ebay, Reverb, and Amazon.

I used to do this, but then started finding the strings had some sort of shelf life when I kept them for too long, so when I put them on the guitar they would loose their bright/fresh sounds too quickly. Now I'm just an Amazon junkie and only keep enough to have 1 spare set per guitar.

EDIT: I use NYXLs

I’ve had good luck with establishing a relationship with my sales person at two places, Musician’s Friend and Sweetwater (Lisa Wheeler and Chris Leonard, respectively, if you’re interested). Doing regular business with a vendor makes it worth their while to keep track of what you use and work with you on price and special needs. They contact me from time to time when something I asked about hits a good price.

I do still check Reverb, EBay, and Amazon to keep them honest ;) but those two always seem able to help me get what I need. Frankly, I sometimes buy things from them at a marginally higher price... a win-win situation is the best business and I don’t mind a monetary thank-you on their side every now and again.

It’s the mom & pop store dynamic in the new millennium... they may not be on your block, but relationships still make sense.

Maybe check the manufacturer's websites for direct sales? I stumbled on Curt Mangan's and found it less expensive ordering 6-packs on their website.

My local music store has a sale every year and I buy 2 or 3 10 pack boxes of diadarrio strings for the same price or cheaper than mf...since going fractal back with my mark I axe ii, the only support I give my local store is strings, picks and lighting gear.

Back
Top Bottom