pitch tracking filters like this:

randombastage

Experienced
I am trying to put off buying the Sonuus Wahoo pedal because I think I can probably get the Fractal FX-8 to cover what the Wahoo does....but maybe not.

Check this video, at the :45 sec mark they mention one of the possibly unique features. I don't have the AxeFxII anymore and can't recall if there was a way to replicate this but I hope there is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq5wbuORhc8

Does anyone know if it can be done? Any AxeFx 'effects' gurus here?

Last edited:
i don't know how this unit achieves this, it's very clever. the filter only opens when you bend a note and stays closed when you play normally. the axe can't do this (but it can track pitch, of course). the only way to achieve the same effect would be to tie a filter to an expression pedal and use that to open the filter when you bend a note. the axe can do everything else this pedal does.

Thanks, I was hoping you could assign one of the internal controllers to the pitch detection somehow the way you can assign them to envelope or LFO etc.

well you can. the axe has a pitch detection internal controller, but how the axe could tell the difference between a bent note and two notes played consecutively (or how the wahoo does it) is a mystery to me

Back
Top Bottom