Pitch Shifter / Harmonizer Preset request

This really isn't what you're asking for…play with it and see if you can make some progress.
I believe the example you gave us employed a classic technique used in the studio called double-track, once used back in the 70's by Boston.
Try the Cab I provided (from AxeChange), it's another tone match in series with one provided by another member.

View attachment 22675 (preset)

View attachment 22676 (user Cab)

Last edited:
The tough part is getting the harmonizer settings. The tone is a different story and you'll have to play with a combination of AMP blocks and whatever user cabs you have.

The tough part is getting the harmonizer settings. The tone is a different story and you'll have to play with a combination of AMP blocks and whatever user cabs you have.

This is exactly what I am struggling with...basically I only need the pitch shifter block with the relevant settings...in order to insert it in my preset :)
Aren't there any pitch shifter / harmonizer experts here which could figure out the applicable settings ???

Can anybody help :)????

So I've had a quick listen & this is what Im hearing; GTR1 (higher notes - start on C = 2ND string 13th fret) & GTR 2 (lower notes - start on A = 4th string 7th fret)

Its essentially harmonised 3rds, but the 3rd is played an octave higher; so its harmonised +10ths. Its in the key of A minor so I hope that you can set your harmonizer up for +10ths in the key of A minor (you play the low notes & the harmonizer will play the high notes). The alternative is set your harmonizer up for -10ths in the key of A minor (you play the high notes & the harmonizer will play the low notes). Either way should provide the same result

Thanks...but it isn't it yet...actually GTR2 starts with a G (4th string, 5th fret, standard tuning)...

So I've had a quick listen & this is what Im hearing; GTR1 (higher notes - start on C = 2ND string 13th fret) & GTR 2 (lower notes - start on A = 4th string 7th fret)

Its essentially harmonised 3rds, but the 3rd is played an octave higher; so its harmonised +10ths. Its in the key of A minor so I hope that you can set your harmonizer up for +10ths in the key of A minor (you play the low notes & the harmonizer will play the high notes). The alternative is set your harmonizer up for -10ths in the key of A minor (you play the high notes & the harmonizer will play the low notes). Either way should provide the same result

Do you believe I have this preset on a Fender Mustang IV v2 amplifier??? I tried to reproduce it on the Axe FX but no luck. That's the only reason I still keep this amp. Please guys lets create this preset! I am too newbie (1 Month only) to help myself. :) Maybe Yek or the other Axe Fx gurus will do it very easy...

Thanks and good luck!

Do you believe I have this preset on a Fender Mustang IV v2 amplifier??? I tried to reproduce it on the Axe FX but no luck. That's the only reason I still keep this amp. Please guys lets create this preset! I am too newbie (1 Month only) to help myself. :) Maybe Yek or the other Axe Fx gurus will do it very easy...

Thanks and good luck!

ok, what you need to do is record some notes with that patch for us and we can then recreate it. if you can record yourself playing an Am aeolian scale over one octave, we'll be able to hear what the harmony notes are doing. if that's not possible, then work out what the harmony notes are for each note of the scale and write them down as a list. should be easy from then on

my mistake was i though the song was in Em, not in Am (it was late and i was doing it in a rush) and i probably didn't set the harmonizer for the right intervals

hey there...so I gave it a try...

lick should be like this...I hope so, feel free to comment :)

1st guitar on g string: 5---5--4--2---9--9--7--5--10--10--9--7--5--7--4
2nd guitar on e string: 8---8--7--5---12--12--10--8--13--13--12--10--8--10--7

ok, what you need to do is record some notes with that patch for us and we can then recreate it. if you can record yourself playing an Am aeolian scale over one octave, we'll be able to hear what the harmony notes are doing. if that's not possible, then work out what the harmony notes are for each note of the scale and write them down as a list. should be easy from then on

my mistake was i though the song was in Em, not in Am (it was late and i was doing it in a rush) and i probably didn't set the harmonizer for the right intervals

hey there...so I gave it a try...

lick should be like this...I hope so, feel free to comment :)

1st guitar on g string: 5---5--4--2---9--9--7--5--10--10--9--7--5--7--4
2nd guitar on e string: 8---8--7--5---12--12--10--8--13--13--12--10--8--10--7

Those are octaves.

Ohhh man... I will try to help you:

1) Set the Pitch Block to INTEL HARM;

2) Set Voice 1 to 3 (because its a third);

3) Key/Scale must be Key = E, Scale = Aeolian Min;

4) Voice 2 need to be ZERO.

Now the secret to have that doubled guitar sound is the position of the pitch block. It needs to be after the Amp block and must be parallel to a chunk like in the attached picture. That way you will have two guitars sounds playing together:

10574467_10152636805653734_2083057327259744201_n.jpg

I hope this will help you my friend. Let me know if it works please.

Thanks, Ricardo...it is the right direction...:) It is right...the key is A...effect sounds better if you position it after your cab...if you have one in your chain...

Only need a cheesier sound now :)

I am only upset that you cannot load files from the AXE FX 2 XL into the AXE FX 2 MK2 :-(

Ohhh man... I will try to help you:

1) Set the Pitch Block to INTEL HARM;

2) Set Voice 1 to 3 (because its a third);

3) Key/Scale must be Key = E, Scale = Aeolian Min;

4) Voice 2 need to be ZERO.

Now the secret to have that doubled guitar sound is the position of the pitch block. It needs to be after the Amp block and must be parallel to a chunk like in the attached picture. That way you will have two guitars sounds playing together:

View attachment 22738

I hope this will help you my friend. Let me know if it works please.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom