Pitch Shift 1/2 step up

stm113

Power User
Hey guys, had a quick question. Most of my guitars are tuned 1/2 step down but when I play with the PW band they are in standard, until now I've just tuned a guitar up, but the guitar I've been using is giving me some trouble, I was wondering how it would sound if I tried to put a pitch block at the input and shift up 1/2 step. Has anyone tried this? Does it track well or get artifacts?

+1 on the capo, lot easier to go up then to go down. I use the pitch to drop 1/2 for a 2 songs that are C# from D live, but it does not sound the same as tuning down.

It definitely gets the job done and sounds just fine. However, it will always sound better to just tune the guitar up to the proper pitch. Capo works too, but I know some people have an issue with trying to transpose on the fly, which is fair.

at forum has a lot of discussion about that, If I remember well simeon, cliff and others teachs some parameters to change in order to reduce latency, Actually the trick is distinguish latency thats improve a lot in chords. May you search for latency. I've used this trick for a long, but the latency specially in solos when bending is realized the latency was terribly noted. By the last updates, it seems to improve, I don't know why since these updates doesn't announe any improvements on pitch shift block

Like Gibson's failed G-Force system? I bought a 2015 Les Paul Traditional equipped with those, and tossed them into the garbage shortly after. What junk they were, and no wonder they only lasted one year with Gibson before they abandoned it!

IIRC, Tronical was the company that made the tuning system on the Gibson Robot guitars awhile back. They might have had something to do with the system on the 2015 Gibsons. Though I could understand if they didn't fess up to those.

They were a complete failure. Not as bad as the Note 7, LOL, but the results were dismal. A deaf mute could have tuned a guitar more accurately than those stupid G Farce pieces of crap!

But even had they worked correctly, when they did tune, I could have changed guitars in much less than 1/10th of the time it took to successfully change keys or tune using that system.

Back
Top Bottom