Pitch Modifier Video Tutorial

Hey Guys, for anyone interested, I've created a short video tutorial on how to control parameter values using pitch... so in other words, you can set specific controls to 'kick in' when you play above a certain fret position...

Awesome tutorial @flysold Thanks for sharing.

So it looks like your settings are very different to mine... check out the video again, you'll see that my start is 0 and end is 100 and i'm adjusting the mid for the fret position. You'll probably need to wind down the offset a bit too.

Yes the start and end are different because I want the octave on the lower octave of the guitar only.
I want to be able to do a bass line on the lower strings and three notes chords on the higher strings like I do with the Boss OC-3.
It works great with one note on the higher strings but when I do two (or more) higher notes at the same time, it adds a bass note to the higher notes.

Yes the start and end are different because I want the octave on the lower octave of the guitar only.
I want to be able to do a bass line on the lower strings and three notes chords on the higher strings like I do with the Boss OC-3.
It works great with one note on the higher strings but when I do two (or more) higher notes at the same time, it adds a bass note to the higher notes.
So you should be reversing your min and max rather than the Start/Mid/End. The Mid is the key for setting the fretted position, whereas the Min/Max settings change the 'polarity' of the effect... The principle of what you're trying to achieve is do-able but the reality is that it won't sound good because you won't get polyphony with the Pitch tracking... In other words, while your playing your 'bass' notes the tracking is setting your octave On... so it will also be applied to everything else too... it just gets confused..

For arguments sake, here's a screenshot of settings that would theoretically do what you're after.
Pitch%20Settings%20Low%20Octave_zpstorctfxu.png

Last edited:
So you should be reversing your min and max rather than the Start/Mid/End. The Mid is the key for setting the fretted position, whereas the Min/Max settings change the 'polarity' of the effect... The principle of what you're trying to achieve is do-able but the reality is that it won't sound good because you won't get polyphony with the Pitch tracking... In other words, while your playing your 'bass' notes the tracking is setting your octave On... so it will also be applied to everything else too... it just gets confused..

For arguments sake, here's a screenshot of settings that would theoretically do what you're after.
Pitch%20Settings%20Low%20Octave_zpstorctfxu.png
[/QUOTE

It works fine but did you try two notes at the same time on the higher strings?
I still get the weird lower octave when I play two notes.

It works fine but did you try two notes at the same time on the higher strings?
I still get the weird lower octave when I play two notes.
Exactly, that's what i said... it doesn't work for Polyphony (more than one not at a time). The tracking seems to get confused.

Hey Guys, for anyone interested, I've created a short video tutorial on how to control parameter values using pitch... so in other words, you can set specific controls to 'kick in' when you play above a certain fret position...

That is sooo cool !

i did a vid a while ago about most of the internal controllers (including the pitch). if you're interested in learning more, you can check it out... as all the different units share the same internal controllers, the info is transferable...

btw, Chris did a video about the scene controllers, you can look him up on youtube under KKMmusic and Thibault has many patches in his collection which use them

Back
Top Bottom