Wish Pitch Follower range extension

Tigerfish

Inspired
Another thank you to Leon Todd for pointing this out. I am using it as a way to get "crispier" low notes and "fuller" high notes for clean jazzy presets. One small problem: the follower doesn't track all the way to the highest note on my instrument, which is a 7 string with a high string a 4th above the standard. And tuned down a step, so D-G-C-F-a-d-g. I believe Tom Lippincott's 8-string has a high A string and 24 frets, so just in case he would want to use an Axe-Fx III for this kind of thing, it would be good to have the Pitch Follower track all the way up to A 1760.

I found a workaround to shift the pitch followers range to one direction. I split the signal into the main path and a side path right from the Input 1 block. In the side path I have a pitch shifter and Output 4. I have a physical cable from Output 4 to Input 4. From Controllers I select Input 4 as the input source for pitch. This doesn't help if you need to control the whole range of an extended range instrument, but for my purposes the changes happen in the low notes so it doesn't matter if I lose range in the highs as much as I gain in the lows. Works the other way around also of course.

Back
Top Bottom