Wish Pitch Follower : modify pitch and track highest pitch

fractalz

Power User
I'd like to use the "Pitch Follower" as a modifier for the cutoff frequency of a low-pass filter. I'm running into two issues:

1. the modifier screen has a fixed frequency range of 20Hz to 20kHz. I want the cutoff frequency to be the *same* as the pitch that is detected. Instead, the detected pitch is transmuted to some value and then plotted along the range of the modifier. This means that it isn't really the detected pitch.

I can workaround this a bit by setting the range to the lowest note of the guitar and tuning the top end by ear, but it would be nice if there was a modifier mode where it was, translate the detected pitch to frequency and set the knob to that frequency.

2. Pitch Follow works well for single-notes but not for polyphonic playing. It seems to return the lowest pitch detected. I actually want the highest pitch detected (I'm creating an organ patch and want to open up the top end as I play higher). So, I'd like a setting on the Pitch modifier to say whether it returns a frequency representing the lowest fundamental or a higher harmonic / pitch.

Back
Top Bottom