Implemented Pitch follower enhancement

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
It would be really cool if the pitch follower could track and output actual pitch.

For example attach an enhanced pitch follower modifier to the center frequency of a filter block. The filter would then track accurately whatever pitch is being played similar to the capo/pitch block. Or maybe the pitch block could be hijacked as a modifier source?

What got me thinking about this is I wanted to experiment with eq ing out with fairly hi q some delay / reverb on lead tones to help cut through while allowing a bigger wash. If the center freq followed my single note solos... you get the idea.

I’m sure there would be many other applications. What do you guys think?

Frequency parameters are logarithmic so this is already possible. Pitch controller range corresponds to E2 (guitar low E) minus 50 cents to F#6 (whole step above high E 24th fret) plus 50 cents, so to match the fundamental set filter modifier min/max to 80.1 and 1523 Hz. Double those values for the second harmonic, etc.

Frequency parameters are logarithmic so this is already possible. Pitch controller range corresponds to E2 (guitar low E) minus 50 cents to F#6 (whole step above high E 24th fret) plus 50 cents, so to match the fundamental set filter modifier min/max to 80.1 and 1523 Hz. Double those values for the second harmonic, etc.
Nice! Thank you.

Wow, I had no idea this was doable! I will give this a go. Thx a bunch.

Very cool thanks

Back
Top Bottom