Pitch blocks been drinking

andyp13

Power User
Something has happened to the pitch change... I use the Dual Diatonic Key A (Ionian) with just one harmony of a 3rd above,,, it just sounds like it’s drunk...glitching, poor tracking, aproach notes from above then glides down and also jumps around, gone totally unusable... any ideas?

Attachments

• 529A8C60-1B44-4F49-8B70-DF295BD3DC7A.jpeg
    529A8C60-1B44-4F49-8B70-DF295BD3DC7A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
Does the tuner seem to work normally?

Check the "detector source" and "pitch tracking" parameters in the pitch block. Detector source should probably be Input 1 (block in can also work). If pitch tracking is set to "smooth" try "fast" instead.

Using SPDIF?
No, out put 1& w into FOH
Does the tuner seem to work normally?

Check the "detector source" and "pitch tracking" parameters in the pitch block. Detector source should probably be Input 1 (block in can also work). If pitch tracking is set to "smooth" try "fast" instead.
tuner seems to be working fine...unfortunately the pitch block has become unusable.. it’s even playing some notes sharp and gliding down? It’s really bad...I usually use it in the set but can’t use this the way it is..

I would guess it's a detection problem. I agree with Bakerman: it sounds like a Detector Source problem, especially since the block is after the amp.

Also check the Glide Time parameter. It should be near minimum for typical harmony stuff; default is 10 ms IIRC.

Are you connected to a computer/interface/DAW? If not set to 48KHz it can through off the Fractal 'clock' and mess with tuning, tempo, and pitch detection etc...?

Any chance of seeing the preset, or a clip of this so we can hear for ourselves?

Thanks everyon, I will check through you suggestions as soon as I get back in front of my Axe III... unfortunately it will be Friday ☹️

Back
Top Bottom